PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe this is happenning!!!

bjp
October 24th, 2003, 09:51 AM
So, after having been reversed into with no details left some other f****r has decided to take my car apart bit by bit :evil:

I go to the car this morning and I see 2 black holes where the wing mirrors where :?:

Last night they decieded that the mirror glass in the wing mirrors was so brilliantly constructed that they wanted them, and so took them....yes both of them :!:

Mind you only took the glass not the aluminum surrounds and from what I cld quickly see no damage to teh surrounds.

Questions:

1) obviously you must be able to "pop" out the glass so is this the case or wld they have had to smash the glass
2) what are they worth to mreplace
3) best place to get replacements from

Can't believe my luck so far...hope the car is not jinked!!!!

look forward as always to the comments and suggestions

bjp
October 24th, 2003, 10:11 AM
yes only the glass, the surrounds look to be in pretty good shape no visual scratches or anything like that. Just had a call from my brother in law telling me he found one of the mirrors out the front of there house....smashed to bits unfortunately.

Unfortunatly i have to park the car on the street in Mosman whilst my place is renovated (i am living with my sister at the moment).

Am coming to believe that Mosman is far worse than the inner west for just pure vandalism

tks for the concern :D

Aussie Audi Guy
October 24th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Man - that sucks - I have never heard of that before

(Although the VW dealer in Darwin just had an airbag & steering wheel stolen out of a T4 transprter...)

They do pop out - but are real difficult & quite often brak. To the best of my knowledge, they are only available genuine, they are not hard to fit, but extreme care must be taken not to break them. The wires are for the heating element...

bjp
October 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM
yes hence why it was found broken.

funny but no glass on the grnd around the car

havn't chked if any damage internally to the surrounds, but will need to chk this especially for the wiring etc.

u have any idea of the cost of the glass??

Aussie Audi Guy
October 24th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Under $200 bucks,

Did a Polo this week, $169, and a Golf 3 weeks ago $155 - S3 shouldnt be much different...

Bummer

bjp
October 24th, 2003, 11:17 AM
that is positive news :!: :!:

was expecting up to $500-$600

Thanks for the info font of all knowledge :D

Ken VAG
October 24th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Should be the same as my A3 - I got a quote re a convex passenger side mirror a little while back. ~$120 per side for the slightly blue tinted glass. Scotts in Artarmon keep stock - talk to Ken (Audi parts manager).

Yes, they pop off quite easily. All you need to do is put them onto the extreme of one position (ie fully up or down), get your fingers under the end and pop them off. Obviously, if you don't care about the motors, you can force them.

Bummer dude, I feel for you..... first an S3 car jacking in Mosman, now this....

bjp
October 24th, 2003, 12:58 PM
well maybe they themselves were unable to get the mirrors and so though to steal them...hard luck one broke :!:

Found out that there are no mirrors for the S3 in the country and therefore they have to be shipped in from Germany. Will be abt a week before they get here.

Looks like they are not as standard as some of the others

ShAyMaN S3
October 24th, 2003, 05:58 PM
They like it because it's got the blue tinge to the glass. It will look fully sick on there 89 Honda Civic !!!

I feel for you man !! :roll: