PDA

View Full Version : The Yellow Submarine has new shoes :D

Kris
April 22nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Hi Guys

Today I fitted my new wheels down at Tempe Tyres. Due to having larger brakes, I required custom spacers which Tempe do for a bargain of $50 per corner including bolts. We had to get a set of 10mm spacers and new bolts but also required the wheels to be machined with a hubcentric ring to stop movement of the spacer and wheel on the hub.. They managed to machine it all up for a perfect fit! I was pretty impressed!

The wheels came with Falken 326 225/40/18, of which I'm wasnt really impressed with back in the days of my Golf GTi but seeing as they cost me nothing I thought we'd keep them until I can save for some Dunlop SP9000s or Pirellis. Ride quality on stock suspension is extremely comfortable, I would go so far as to say better than stock...

Weight wise.
Standard AVUS 17x7.5 come in @ 29lbs
RS4 Replica 18x8 come in @ 29lbs

There is a increase of circumf and diameter by 0.3" & 0.1" respectively

Overall impressions are, I love them. They suit the car and they fit nicely.. Ride quality is great! Just can't wait to put some real tyres and some KW/FK Coilovers on! Should be comfy and sporty as!

So after a wash, and also doing a wax coating on the wheels.. Here are the pics!

http://kris.dingo.net.au/S3/Wheels/Wheels%20027.jpg

Lots more images and shots here

http://kris.dingo.net.au/S3/Wheels

XXX-1.8T
April 22nd, 2004, 06:43 PM
looks good :)

Ken VAG
April 22nd, 2004, 07:13 PM
Looks fantastic Kris. I like....

Kris
April 22nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!!

:jump:

Aussie Audi Guy
April 22nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
its clean, but wash you numberplate - its filthy & you cant read it....

EZZY
April 22nd, 2004, 09:57 PM
looks good kris.

didnt know you were going to go to tempe tyres, otherwise i'd tell (ie. kindly ask) the tempe boys to give you a 5 star treatment. :big_wink:

eric

OzeTT
April 22nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
Very nice Kris. Looks good with Imola as well

The wheels came with Falken 326 225/40/18, of which I'm wasnt really impressed with back in the days of my Golf GTi
Here Here :D

Kris
April 23rd, 2004, 02:57 AM
heheh Guy ;)

Eric, mate.. Sam gave me FIRST class treatment. That guy is a legend, gave me a great price on the whole deal, it was seriously cheap to do everything! He then said if I wanted new tyres come back and we'll trade them in and he'll give me a good price on whatever I wanted.. I called Tempe last week just to see if they traded to which they replied 'no' :) But now, they will ! heh

Alvin, went out with the audi boys tonight... around a bend, braked hard and there was no grip the whole arse slid out. These by far are the worst performing tyres Ive ever seen! My brakes stop no where near as good as they did last week with the Bridgestones and they just do NOT glue to anything... Although, comfort and noise are lower than the Bridgestone and the tyre life for the Falkens is excellent. Just not a Ultra performance tyre the car and the brakes need...

Tossing up between Eagle F1 GSD, Dunlop SP9000 and ContiSport II, the Falkens are going :)

Lima
April 23rd, 2004, 05:15 PM
I have the Eagle F1 GS-D3s and they're pretty good. I reckon the Michelin Pilot Sports are better, although they are way more $$$ and won't last as long as the GoodYears. Although, that's a guess as I have only had my GoodYears since December.

Hey, are the spacers legal?

Looks great too btw. Oh hang on, maybe I should say those wheels look ****e! :big_wink:

OzeTT
April 23rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
Hey, are the spacers legal?

Only if they are bolted on to the hub and therefore part of it, and if it doesn't increase the track by > (is it 50 mm total ??) as I understand.

bitemebw
April 23rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
It looks awesome.
good work.

BM.

Kris
April 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks Naresh , two young lasses thought the same on my way home tonight from the gym ;) but this one didnt work @ the Macca's drive through so they count lol!

EZZY
April 23rd, 2004, 10:51 PM
Eric, mate.. Sam gave me FIRST class treatment. That guy is a legend, gave me a great price on the whole deal, it was seriously cheap to do everything! He then said if I wanted new tyres come back and we'll trade them in and he'll give me a good price on whatever I wanted.. I called Tempe last week just to see if they traded to which they replied 'no' :) But now, they will ! heh

thats good to know... :big_wink:

eric

mikenbn
April 24th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Hey Bud

Looking good mate, next time your in the area drop by and say hi, I'm just down the road from Tempe Tyres - Also consider Michelins for tyres....

take care -talk soon
Mike

Kris
April 24th, 2004, 11:24 AM
hey mike,

will do :)

Might look at PS2' as well..

5VTurbo
April 27th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Nice Kris,

Looks good at present height. Have you got a front on pic from the ground?

Kris
April 27th, 2004, 10:51 PM
No pics as yet front on... Ill get some for you tomorrow :)

Its a bit high, I think the pictures just hide that...

:)