PDA

View Full Version : Samco Turbo Pipe arrives.. & Dogbone Review

Kris
April 28th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Hi Guys

Having the Suspension.com Dogbone engine bushing installed for about 2 weeks now, I can say its the best $30 I've spent. Derek installed this for me and only recently has it started to bed in.. One of the most signifcant changes I felt on my S3 was the dramatic improved shift feel.. The gear shift is far slicker and easier to manipulate, it slides into the slot just nicely ;)

Engine vibrations were apparent for a week or so, but now have subsided quite alot, there is still some low freq vibrations but in my opinon they are really not worth worrying about (and im picky!!). Definately a bit more engine feel through the seat but all in all a fantastic mod for the money.. Coupled with Syntrax Gearbox Oil, the new dogbone and hopefully the DieselGeek Shortshifter I think that will drastically improve what I believe is a fairly ordinary shift feel.

Today, I also had a nice package waiting for me :D
TTStuff.com had shipped over my Samco intake pipe and clamp set, all for $198AUD delivered! True bargain! I'll let you know my impressions but if only to improve lag and throttle response I'll be happy :)

Install and pictures to come shortly!

Bye for now..

XXX-1.8T
April 28th, 2004, 10:56 PM
GeorgeS3 got his oettinger intake pipe installed last week, once u have installed the Samco it would be good to compare the cars performance as u guys both have the same mods to the engine 8)

Kris
April 29th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Pipe now in thanks to Derek :D

The car is far less laggy now , infact I'd say lag free. Feels alot more torquey too, and definately alot stronger through all gears. Worth every cent :)

Can't wait for VTune & the Downpipe :D Oh goodie!!!

Here is a installed picture & one of the standard hose...

http://kris.dingo.net.au/S3/Intake/Intake%20003.jpg

http://kris.dingo.net.au/S3/Intake/Intake%20006.jpg

Definately a thumbs up mod :big_wink:

OzeTT
April 30th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Hope the OEM pipe doesn't look like that on the inside.

Chuck
April 30th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Kris

Where did you get the dogbone bush from?

Kris
April 30th, 2004, 11:39 AM
www.suspension.com