PDA

View Full Version : Test drove the A3 2.0FSI Today

CMY-18T
June 5th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Just heading out now so no time type up a mass story - prolly no need anyway as most of you will be driving one (at least test) very shortly.
Anyway, car was at Scotts. Still trying to work out what I thought - car looks magic on the outside and drives alot better then my A3. Seating position was better and you could get lower then the current A3 and S3 seats. Given I am 6'2 this was great. 6 speed box is an absolute treat. Feels a heap better then the current 6 speeds (may be the same not sure but they have done something).
extremely effortless to drive. Everything is so simply and smooth.
The side of the car I am not sure of is the interior. Some parts look 'cheapened' and feel that way. others are enhanced.
53k with roof on road - just not sure about the price.

Cheers

Caine

5VTurbo
June 5th, 2004, 09:45 PM
53k on road or do you mean 35K, its a A3 RIGHT?

XXX-1.8T
June 5th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Hey Vu have u got a problem with pricing a full optioned up A3 Turbo was $55k on the road

I believe Caine was saying it was $53k for a 2.0 FSI A3

A3T
June 6th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Hey Vu have u got a problem with pricing a full optioned up A3 Turbo was $55k on the road

I believe Caine was saying it was $53k for a 2.0 FSI A3

Thats right A3 Turbo with a couple of options was in the 50K,

Caine whats the performance of the 2.0FSI compared to the 1.8T???

CMY-18T
June 6th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Difference 'feels' big. I put my car to standard program before I showed so I could compare. Not sure what the difference is on paper.

The new 2.0FSI is an absolute plesure to drive. No struggle to do anything. Handling is great with the bigger standard 17" wheels. And the wheels set the car off - looks fantastic.

They are 53K now but give them time to get off of the docks and prices will be more negotiable.

Cheers

Caine

Turbomike61
June 7th, 2004, 12:33 AM
If I'm not mistaken, both engines produce 110kw. Just one is more mod friendly. :big_wink:

Kris
June 7th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Theres a picture and some info on one of the FSI engines on vortex. Basically the FSI engine had a far more useable power band despite being roughly the same power as its EFI counterpart.

That can only be a good thing.

Raman Gain
June 9th, 2004, 07:14 AM
I've heard FSI is going to be a nightmare for the tuners. Locals here are betting if that MTM can't get through the ECU encryption and FSI issues, then no one will.

Only time will tell ...

Kris
June 9th, 2004, 08:42 AM
I guess thats like saying Windows XP has no security flaws or a system is unbreakable.

Everything can be read, everything can be broken.

Just takes time...