PDA

View Full Version : s3 damged for the third time

trentm
October 28th, 2003, 02:06 PM
I was in the centre lane of stanmore rd petersham waiting to turn right to crystal st on my way to liechart on sunday afternoon around 6:00pm. There were two cars ahead of me waiting to turn right aswell.

A red commodore coming from the opposite direction then plowed straight into the first car waiting to turn spining it 180 degrees (innocent party.jpg) (http://trent.ausgamers.com/s3/20031026/innocent%20party.jpg) before vering off the road into the signal box (signal box.jpg) (http://trent.ausgamers.com/s3/20031026/signal%20box.jpg). The lights were then flashing orange and the car infront of me took off.

The driver of the commodore had not taken his foot of the accelerator and the intersection was filling up with tyre smoke so i rolled forward a bit ready to turn right when it was safe. The commodore driver then put the car into reverse and sped backwards through the intersection before coming to a stop on the other side. At this time both of his front tyres were blown and he had alot of dammage to the front of his car.

He then put the car in gear and sped towards me. I put the car into reverse and moved backwards about one car's length to try to avoid him but he still clipped my s3 on the front drivers side (poor s3.jpg) (http://trent.ausgamers.com/s3/20031026/poor%20s3.jpg) After clipping me the commodore then came to a stop up on the kerb again and all these people ran over and pulled the dazed 71yr old driver and his screaming daughter out of the car.

When i was in the process of taking pictures the daughter came over to me and started screaming. Saying i should be more considerate of the
situation. This is why I only have 3 pictures. She was hysterical.

After the police were through with me i filled out a towing authority giving permission for my car to be towed to a holding yard and then towed to stow smash monday morning. On monday morning i get a call from Kings Road Smash repairs letting me know they have my car. I explain to them i requested it towed to stows and on my towing authority it specifies stows as the final destination.

I then tell the NRMA and they go through the motions of getting my car to stows as i have come down with a virus and am bed ridden all Monday.

A4PLAY
October 28th, 2003, 02:18 PM
WOhW!
i feel for you, was anyone hurt? hope not.

btw, some of the links didn't work.

trentm
October 28th, 2003, 02:25 PM
links fixed.

yeah, the lady in the ford festiva was in pretty bad shape, they took her away in an ambulance.

Aussie Audi Guy
October 28th, 2003, 02:47 PM
man that sucks,

How unlucky can you get - 71 year old? did he just lose it?

bjp
October 28th, 2003, 02:52 PM
wow, and i thought i was having bad luck.

you definatly take the cake

i know what ur going through!!!

let me know how u go with Stow's as I am likly to use them for my repairs.

Brad

Chux
October 28th, 2003, 02:57 PM
you must be a very patient man Trent, i would have slapped the histerical daughter back to reality and continued taking photos :P

bad luck about the car man, you should take it to the local witch doctor and get it checked out .. something strange going on there.

bjp
October 28th, 2003, 02:58 PM
trent if urs is ming blue (as is mine) and only recent it has got to be something with the timing!!

XXX-1.8T
October 28th, 2003, 03:10 PM
That sux man,

I think u should get a priest and get him to bless ur car with holy water

Hopefully the badluck is gone now :(

Lima
October 28th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Man that's bollocks, at least your okay, well flu aside. Sounds like you've had rotten luck, hopefully all past you now.

:?

Liam

Ken VAG
October 28th, 2003, 04:40 PM
I say we start a poll for this one - what do we have to do to purge all the evils from Trent's S3?

My vote is for an exorcism. :evil:

Sorry to hear your news, dude.

Sloth
October 28th, 2003, 05:55 PM
I say we start a poll for this one - what do we have to do to purge all the evils from Trent's S3?

My vote is for an exorcism. :evil:

Sorry to hear your news, dude.

yes we should all give Trent's S3 a good "thrashing"

Chux
October 28th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Trent, you didn't get any photos of the daughter ... was she hot?

:P

Turbomike61
October 28th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Given the old man's age, probably just hot and bothered.

Unless your name is MILF Man Costa. :lol:

XXX-1.8T
October 28th, 2003, 10:31 PM
u got me mixed up for the Chux Milf Hunter :lol:

5VTurbo
October 29th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Can anybody guess what kind of car was behinds Trent's S3.

Trent, lucky you're airbag did'nt go off ......... imagine spending a night in hospital with a broken nose.

trentm
October 31st, 2003, 11:15 AM
Just got off the phone with stow. Final quote comes to $15017

bjp
October 31st, 2003, 02:15 PM
ouch :!: :!:

There goes the insurance premiums :(

Lima
October 31st, 2003, 06:52 PM
ouch :!: :!:

There goes the insurance premiums :(

Ahh the benefits of being an old man (31 :lol: ) ... maximum no claim bonus for life. 8)

elisiX
November 2nd, 2003, 03:08 PM
This should not affect him at all. Clearly the old guy's fault.

I dont understand why this woman went berko at you? Because you wanted to take photo's instead of helping her retarded old man? pfft :twisted:

I would have absolutely lost it. :?

Thats one hell of a repair bill for a quater panel damage. Must be some major frame/axle damage also.

-edit- removed offensive language - chux-

Rai
November 2nd, 2003, 06:05 PM
This should not affect him at all. Clearly the old xxxx fault.

I dont understand why this woman went berko at you? Because you wanted to take photo's instead of helping her retarded old man? pfft :twisted:

I would have absolutely lost it. :?

Thats one hell of a repair bill for a quater panel damage. Must be some major frame/axle damage also.

come on, be fair. you don't know the first thing about that old guy... he could have had a heart-attack for all you know.

Trent - main thing is u r in one piece. thats some damn bad luck you've had with that car!

elisiX
November 2nd, 2003, 08:08 PM
What? you mean like the old man in the states who was too old to drive and had a heart attack which resulted in him plowing down 20 people in a marketplace?

Turbomike61
November 2nd, 2003, 11:18 PM
Now now folks, by all means state your feelings, but remember this is a public forum, and as such, we have to watch our language.

elisiX...could you please edit your post.

Thanks

dog
November 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM
And hought seeing my car on 4 bricks was bad.....
I hope you are O.K.

jamesa
November 10th, 2003, 11:55 PM
:shock:

glad to hear you're alright - that's most important - but crap luck with the car :(

I hope the old geezer loses his license! What the hell could have possessed anybody to drive like that, or did the throttle get stuck or something?

taking photos is not an unreasonable (or unsensible) thing to do in that situation, either. I've know of a case where somebody has later changed their story - if it weren't for an independent witness, it would have been very expensive.

-- james