PDA

View Full Version : newbie to this forum

a3page
June 8th, 2004, 01:30 AM
hi all,

i'm trying to obey all forum rules, so i posted my first post on the buying selling sec. that's right, i'm trying to find a resonable a3t, hopefully in VIC area. this is the link: http://ozaudi.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1590

anyway, i just want to say hi, and hopefully to become a proud audi owner. wish to learn all about this little a3 t. as i'm parting with my celica gt-four, i know quite a bit about turbocharged cars. and with my friend recomending me to this forum (if u reading this, u know who u r!), i reckon u guys will be the best place to ask question and get help.

thank you for having me, and hope to get that a3t on my hands asap.

see u guys around.

cheers.
andy

Turbomike61
June 8th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Welcome to our happy family.

EZZY
June 8th, 2004, 02:45 AM
:2cool: welcome :2cool:

eric

Ken VAG
June 8th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Welcome to the forum... there's been a few recent threads on buying second hand A3s, including one where I went through lots of the colours (which has links to a few cars on carsales.com.au).

There's a Kermit the Frog green one somewhere in country VIC that's been there for quite a while.... if you can deal with the colour, I'm sure it'd be a good buy. :wink:

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 10:26 AM
i used to love that colour cos it was diffrent, that and the M3 blue (estoril blue) which i think got deleted as well :(

a3page
June 8th, 2004, 10:52 AM
... there's been a few recent threads on buying second hand A3s, including one where I went through lots of the colours (which has links to a few cars on carsales.com.au).

There's a Kermit the Frog green one somewhere in country VIC that's been there for quite a while.... if you can deal with the colour, I'm sure it'd be a good buy. :wink:

thanks for the welcome guys, and yes ken, i've been reading through the forums and u did a good job in secifying the different a3's. about that kermit, u rekcon u can find the thread that he mention selling it? it will be a great help. as u know the a3t is pretty rare, so getting the right one is not as easy as i thought.

thanks again for that welcome

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 11:10 AM
its good to wait A3T's are rare and to find a nice one is even more harder i waited 2 months and it was killing me!

8)

BENA3T
June 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM
they aint that uncommon are they? i had a look to see what miine was worth (roughly) and saw quite a few for sale in smh.com.au....theres quite a fews to choose from between 98 5dr and 99 2dr etc etc...decent pricing, the only problem may be finding one that is in really good nick
cheers welcome to the forum mate

a3page
June 8th, 2004, 03:07 PM
thanks for the welcome again......now to some business.........

i'm not much of an audi pro, that's why i turn to u guys, i found this a3t:
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=128109&current_rec=4&total_rec=15&sort_type=&make_id=24&model_id=83&state_id=7&search_distance=25

and to my opinion, it's just price way too much for it's actual model and millage. let me know if this person is being too rediculous or actual pricing for her car.

thank you

Ken VAG
June 8th, 2004, 03:27 PM
From http://www.carsales.com.au .... has been there for ages, started at mid 30s.

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/149379.jpg

click here for more: unreasonably long URL (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=91227&current_rec=4&total_rec=9&sort_type=&make_id=24&model_id=83&keyword=turbo&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 04:06 PM
thats a weird colour, like the Monaro green

i thought u were talking about the series1 A3 green colour i think it was called cactus green

that colour has potential, once the cars colour coded could turn out :)

Ken VAG
June 8th, 2004, 04:17 PM
thats a weird colour, like the Monaro green

i thought u were talking about the series1 A3 green colour i think it was called cactus green

Yeah, it's pretty loud, huh?

The series 1 green is much more subtle, kind of like a metallic british racing green. This one.... all I can think of is our webbed footed banjo playing swamp friend....

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 04:22 PM
nah this one was also a loud green but much brighter than this one

The green ur talking about ken is called Goodwood i think :beat:

a3page
June 8th, 2004, 07:51 PM
i like the green! since the a3 is a hatch, a green of that colour puts fun and sporty into it. maybe it's jsut me, but it works well for the a3.

anyway, anyone had a look at the black a3t i posted? any ideas? should i lower the price? need helps soon as i'm visiting her this weekend. thanks again.

Chux
June 8th, 2004, 07:59 PM
the ad for the black A3 says '17 inch wheels'

but in the pic it has 16's, and where they the factory wheel for the 3 doors? i though that style of wheel only came out on the 5 doors?

could be wrong :P

Dougie
June 8th, 2004, 08:26 PM
:D My A3 1.6 is paradise green and they couldn't sell it,so we got a great deal.
Once the window tint was put on ,the car looked just great.I couldn't believe the change a bit of tint made.
:mrgreen:

A3T
June 8th, 2004, 08:27 PM
the ad for the black A3 says '17 inch wheels'

but in the pic it has 16's, and where they the factory wheel for the 3 doors? i though that style of wheel only came out on the 5 doors?

could be wrong :P

No you are right, they are definetely 16" and only came out with the 5 door

She??? must have changed them

EZZY
June 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM
that green a3 doesnt look too bad. i like it.... cos i always have a soft spot for green colour :wink:
put it this way, if you like it, then its all good, because you wont see it on the road often.

saw the m3 blue colour on an a3 a couple of days ago. that was nice too.

e

Ken VAG
June 8th, 2004, 10:18 PM
i'm not much of an audi pro, that's why i turn to u guys, i found this a3t <snip> and to my opinion, it's just price way too much for it's actual model and millage. let me know if this person is being too rediculous or actual pricing for her car.

Yep, they are MY01+ A3 turbo rims in 16". Pre MY01 turbos had 15" rims.

The car is well specced (leather, sunroof), but you're right, $30K is too much, particularly if you're looking to mod. For the same money, you can get Kermit, with all the MY01+ updates including VVT, traction control, updated dash, headlights / sidelights / taillights etc.

Could be a good buy for low/mid $20s though....

PS1 - badges on the rear of the black one are in the wrong place, so it has probably been smacked up at some point
PS2 - I'm a gumby, can't tell the difference between NSW and VIC.... :beat:

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Pre MY01 cars also came with 16's, mine came with 16's and my friend that has a non turbo A3 has those 16" wheels theyve been out for zonks 8)

I also say go Kermit, u could even get the no. plate KRM -1IT

heheheehehehe

CMY-18T
June 8th, 2004, 11:00 PM
those wheels only came out on the revision of the A3T when they changed the lights. The old A3T still had 16s but they were double spoked like.

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 11:03 PM
im sorry i have to disagree my mates 98 1.6 A3 has those on wheels on there - he bought the car new from the dealer :wink:

Chux
June 8th, 2004, 11:12 PM
those wheels only came out on the turbo, but theoretically you could have put them on as an option .. like you can put RS6 wheels on a new A3 from the dealer ... not the factory.

Ken VAG
June 8th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Yep, they are MY01+ A3 turbo rims in 16". Pre MY01 turbos had 15" rims.

Ooops, sorry, my wrong, must be the week for it. :oops:

Out of the factory:
* pre MY99 A3Ts had 15" rims (5 spoke I think)
* MY99-00 A3Ts had 16" 6 bi-spoke rims
* MY01+ A3Ts had 16" 6 single spoke rims

Some pre MY99 A3Ts were dealer fitted with 16" rims (including the BBS cross spoke style ones that Costa and Tim's cars had), but out of the factory I am sure they had 15". I can fish out the brochures if anyone has a desperate need to confirm this....

EZZY
June 8th, 2004, 11:31 PM
those wheels only came out on the turbo, but theoretically you could have put them on as an option .. like you can put RS6 wheels on a new A3 from the dealer ... not the factory.

or you can have A3 wheels on the RS6.................. :beat: :beat: :beat:

e

XXX-1.8T
June 8th, 2004, 11:39 PM
im 100% all A3T's had 16's

Also 15" rims dont fit in A3T's brakes, A3T's have bigger brakes than the NA models 8)

Ken VAG
June 9th, 2004, 02:30 PM
im 100% all A3T's had 16's

OK, now I'm one confused Ken. I went back through my box of brochures last night and found this....

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/kenbarry/ozaudi/A3%20brochure%2098-99.pdf

It's a scan of part of the Australian A3 spec card.... I think it must be 1998 or 1999, as it is for the 3dr and the pics show the old style door handles (which isn't conclusive as brochure pics are often off spec).

It clearly states 15" rims with 205/60 tyres. I looked at a few 3dr A3Ts before I bought mine, and most had these rims:

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/kenbarry/ozaudi/ajm-128.jpg

Does this mean there was a brake upgrade when they moved from 3dr to 5dr?

XXX-1.8T
June 9th, 2004, 02:39 PM
dont know man im confused now too :P

i think maybe the mild upgrade 99+ got bigger brakes like the Golf 4 GTI has the same brakes as my car and they always came with 16's

Maybe 97 - 98 came with 15's but my mates 98 1.6 has those 16" rims as above, could they have been option :shock:

Very confusing stuff :D