PDA

View Full Version : Ahem ... baby seats in an S3?

Lima
October 28th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Don't get too excited, if my Granny gets wind of this thread she'll pass away in excitment, so don't go starting any rumours just yet! :lol:

So, mrs act:GTI were wondering if anyone has any experience with baby seats in an S3 ... y'know, just in case there's a bit of movement at the station, if you know what I mean.

Is it just me or is the front seat latch on the S3 a bit of a pain in the arse to move/fold the seat forward? I have tried this on the R32 and a standard 3 dr Golf at Lennock in Canberra and it worked a treat, but on the S3 it just doesn't seem to work as well. :?

Luckily we also have an Outback so any S3 child ferrying would be secondary to the family planner wagon we have.

:wink: :shock: :wink:

Liam

Turbomike61
October 28th, 2003, 06:34 PM
I have 2 points to bring up here;

1) Don't use the front seat unless you can switch off the airbag.

2) Children in back seats cause accidents. Accidents in back seats cause children. Play it safe, drive a roadster! :big_wink:

Lams
October 28th, 2003, 07:09 PM
hehe funny tip about the backseat
Liam where do you find 3 door Golfs? I want to see

Lima
October 28th, 2003, 09:52 PM
hehe funny tip about the backseat
Liam where do you find 3 door Golfs? I want to see

Apparently a handful came into Australia via a botched up order or something. If you delve thru the "car spotting" thread on the Vortex you should be able to dig up some pics that I took. :wink:

Sammyc
October 28th, 2003, 10:13 PM
I see a 3 door golf in brookvale all the time. Looks great. VW should botch up the orders more often :wink:

Lima
October 31st, 2003, 06:48 PM
So, baby seats in the back of an S3 anyone?

And, like I said, is it just me or does it take a while to get the hang of working the front seat/rear access thingy in the S3 too?

Rocketship
November 1st, 2003, 10:56 AM
Lucas has baby seat in his S3. He is in Sydney this weekend so you can ask him as I believe a few of the guys are catching up for a drink or two.

Lima
November 1st, 2003, 11:26 AM
Thanks for that. I'm not in Syd this weekend, but at least I can pester someone about this!

Cheers :wink:

Rocketship
November 1st, 2003, 11:42 AM
No worries, I think he may have been making a detour thru Canberra as well?? He is probably in his A4 though.

Lima
November 1st, 2003, 12:16 PM
What is his user name on here? I am sure he posted about this and I suggested a Cbr detour but stuffed if I can find the thread. From what I've heard of Lucas' A4 I don't think it any shame that he's not in his S3.

:bow_down:

Rocketship
November 1st, 2003, 12:43 PM
"Fastest Aussie Audi" but try him on his moibile 0400810113

Lima
November 1st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Thanks for that, I discovered WORXA4's thread too and have sent him an SMS already. :wink: