PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Had This Recall Done?

AA003
June 17th, 2004, 05:51 PM
http://www.recalls.gov.au/recalls_motor.cfm?psa_id=10424&rcl_type=recalls_vehicle

The recall date is 13-2-2004 (campaign 69E1). I have not been contacted by Audi so could it have been done in 2002 before I owned the car? I have two recall stickers in the door pillar but they have no writing on them, so is there any other way of finding out if the recall was done?

:blue_s4:

Ken VAG
June 17th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Not sure.... but my car is in on Monday and I have two recalls to check on:
* 69E1 - airbag activation on 3 spoke steering wheel
* 45B3 - electrical fault in ABS

I certainly haven't received any correspondence about 69E1 since the recall date of 13/2/04.

Let me know how you go and I'll do likewise.... not sure there is any way to determine if this is done other than asking dealer records to be checked.

Turbomike61
June 17th, 2004, 11:13 PM
You should have a recall program sticker in the drivers door opening if it is done. Audi also keep a record on computer of all outstanding and done recall jobs, and the current owner of the car.

Ken VAG
December 22nd, 2004, 10:51 PM
Oops - I never provided an update on this one.....

I asked for these programs to be undertaken and was advised that they were not necessary. Anyone know how that works? I thought a recall was a recall?

XXX-1.8T
December 23rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
not me :shock:

AA003
December 23rd, 2004, 08:08 AM
I asked for these programs to be undertaken and was advised that they were not necessary. Anyone know how that works? I thought a recall was a recall?

Probably if you have a collision and the airbag fails they will replace the steering wheel. Saves Audi replacing all of them when there is no need to as you only need it in a collision. :beat:

warney
January 27th, 2005, 02:11 PM

Probably if you have a collision and the airbag fails they will replace the steering wheel. Saves Audi replacing all of them when there is no need to as you only need it in a collision. :beat:

Nice way to look at it!

I would blast them, and tell them it is your safety, and to threaten them with liability and rah rah rah.