PDA

View Full Version : My new A3T! finally!

BARA
July 2nd, 2004, 11:05 PM
finally i found an A3T! i put a deposit on it i should pick it up mid-late next week...

its a 98/99 silver A3 turbo, black leather interior... 90,000 kms... picked it up for $24k with 15 months warranty from a dealer...

exterior: almost perfect... door was scratched... they're respraying it for me... extremely clean body... it comes with the bigger alloys, i think they're 16 inch...

interior: once again almost perfect... looks and smells brand new!

took it for a test drive (first a3t test drive for me), and the power was ok, not the fastest car i've driven but goes pretty well....

now... hmmmm i wonder what my first mod will be......... :D

EZZY
July 2nd, 2004, 11:31 PM
congrats mate! about bloody time hey :big_wink:

just a quick question, have they done the timing belt change and service @ 90,000km?

also, when you pick it up next week, make sure you check the resprayed part of the car properly, try to get some warranty out if it as well, just in case they use some dodgy products. silver is one of the most difficult colours to match, in many cases, the whole side would have to be resprayed to get the colour right and blend on the the bonnet/boot.

have fun and enjoy!

oh, chipping it sounds like a perfect 1st mod :big_wink:

e

BARA
July 2nd, 2004, 11:57 PM
yeh a chip would be nice :mrgreen:

the car comes with 15 months warranty... so wouldnt that cover the respray job?

now my only dilema is choosing which chip to fit...................

i live around fairfield/livo area... any tuners in the hood? :D

cheers!

ps what type of suspension do these babies come with? im thinking of getting lowered springs...

also do they all come with the same factory sound system?

Lepperfish
July 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Are the A3's 5 or 6 speeds?
I know this is off topic, but is the A4 a 5 or 6 speed also?

BARA
July 3rd, 2004, 12:48 AM
i think all are 5 speed (a3 is) except some current shape (b6) a4s....

btw, im not sure if the timing belt has been changed? :shock: i shoulda asked..... totally forgot about that...

BENA3T
July 3rd, 2004, 02:02 AM
BARA thats awesome man so pleased for you!!!
congrats man
enjoy

a3page
July 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
WELL DONE WELL DONE!!!!!!

i remeber when i first looking for an A3t, u were looking too. i got mine 3 weeks b4 u. i guess u got the better deal than i have! mine's got no leather int. but oh wells. and at 24k, that's a bargan.

now as every one knows, this thread is useless without Pics. so indulge us.....

BARA
July 6th, 2004, 04:01 AM
yes... i remember :D... i found quite a few without leather but i was determined on finding one with leather!

i'll post pics up asap (although its stock as a rock)....

what colour is yours? pics? was it stock when u first got it? any mods yet?

cheers!

AudiFan
July 6th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Congratulations on the car I hope you have some fun with it. Just a word of warning and I don't mean to spoil your new owner joy BUT be careful with the respray they do on it. Look at the car in different light, park it in the sun if you can and the shade as well and look at it from different angles. If the paint is metallic and they do a cheapo on it this is crucial IMO.In the excitment of picking up the car you may not notice a poor job in bad light particilarly with a colour like silver.

Good luck.