PDA

View Full Version : What is my S3 worth?

macca
July 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the site, very impressed though :)

I have had an S3 for a few years and now with a human bubba on the way it has come to the stage where I will have to part with my other baby....

I will be sticking with Audi for my next car, I need a wagon cause I have way too much crap to carry already so I have been looking at my options. I love the RS4 but it may be a bit too exxy, the S4 B5 is a nice thing but almost as rare as an RS4 and hard to get an idea on prices too, the Allroad is the next option, a bit softer but still a great wagon with a bit of go.

My real question is what is my S3 worth, MY 00 it has 78k's Ming Blue, Black interior Satnav and a towbar. immaculate cond, in fact it suprises me how good a cond it is in.

any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Macca

Boomtownmouse
July 5th, 2004, 06:52 PM
~ 45k privately at a guess. hide the tow bar!

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/audi/s3/brisbane/detail.aspx?id=1267975&pg=1&pp=1&d=0

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/audi/s3/sydney/detail.aspx?id=1554264&pg=1&pp=2&d=0

*edit* forgot about the sat nav - nfi what thats worth second hand 3.5k on top?

macca
July 5th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Tow Bars are cool! and you should see the faces when you blow them off at the lights with a boat on the back!!

AudiFan
July 6th, 2004, 09:05 AM
macca wrote:

Tow Bars are cool! and you should see the faces when you blow them off at the lights with a boat on the back!!

If you want to sell the car on this forum you'll have to improve your sales skills. That statement probably just devalued you car by several thousand...

Carlos
July 6th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I found a 2000 model with 80,000k's at Bill Buckle in Brookvale

Price was $43k

So anywhere around that should be about right

My old man is in the market for one pretty soon, so if you're selling, let me know :wink: :D

macca
July 6th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks Carlos, I will let you know when I make that fatefull decision...

As for devaluing my car by nailing a few turkeys at the lights, I think it would be naive to think that no one who owns a car like this would never drive it that way.

I have had enough Rexxies and other awd cars to understand the issues with launching one. Besides the S3 is really slow from a standstill so I have never really bothered to have a go from the lights. It is quite quick when it is moving though.

Chux
July 6th, 2004, 06:15 PM
i think he was talking about the 'tow bars are cool' thing :P

only joking ;-)

Lancia
July 6th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I just bought a 2003 S3 and just installed the baby seat.....whats the problem?????

AudiFan
July 7th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Sorry macca. No harm intended. I just thought it was an amusing line to say towbars are cool... Enjoy the forum :wink:

macca
July 7th, 2004, 09:58 AM
So going on the above, If I have a tow bar and a baby seat I will be really cool?? :)

now all I need is a baby on board sticker and a set of roof racks and I am the ultimate urban yuppie.......

Chux
July 7th, 2004, 11:22 AM
you need a 'beware of the dog' sign in the back window of your RS4 :P

bjp
July 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
i've got roof racks on my S3!!

Boomtownmouse
July 7th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Some bloke in the UK only uses his UR to tow his caravan.

Carlos
July 8th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I've got roof racks for the A3, but they're genuine ones :wink:

'sif you'd keep them on, they come on/off in 2 seconds :P

Lima
July 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
now all I need is a baby on board sticker and a set of roof racks and I am the ultimate urban yuppie.......

Nah, the allroad should cover that for you! :D