PDA

View Full Version : Some goodies for my A3

XXX-1.8T
July 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I got the Muller turbo pipe put in and so far it has made a difference cant really tell how much cos its wet and the car fishes all over the place but will let u guys know when it dries up

The best thing about it so far is the response and the noise im in love!

Before u could hear the turbo hissing when on boost now u can hear it sucking best induction noise i have heard :)

Also did some work to my brakes, i got the Mintex Reds put on and im bedding them in... I also installed the Tyrol Sport Brake Caliper Stiffening Kit so i cant really tell u how good it is at the moment

I paint my calipers black and like the pic instead of getting S4 i got the old school Audi-sport symbol looks awesome and a good quality decal thats heat resistant
http://images5.fotki.com/v57/photos/5/59773/246448/P1010074-vi.jpg

Anyways got some more last mods coming up ;) so watch this space then she'll be finished :)

Al Walker
July 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
SchweeeeeeeeT :_b: . Who did the brake decal for you ?

Cheers Al

A4PLAY
July 9th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I was with Paul last Friday, should of asked him what your suprise was!

XXX-1.8T
July 9th, 2004, 05:24 PM
this guy from VW Vortex did the decals but i dont recommend him

he was prompt with my delivery etc but has rooted some of the guys on Vortex and Tyresmoke

Cant wait till it dries up so i can give it a hit but i have to be careful as im bedding in my brakes (hate doing this)

Al Walker
July 9th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Yea I know the guy I was going to get the R ones but I've heard some horror stories about him. Costa if you have a spare one send it up to me as all Marti needs to know is the material they are using and then she can get as many as we want made up for us.

Cheers Al

XXX-1.8T
July 9th, 2004, 10:23 PM
ur in luck buddy ;)

Turbomike61
July 10th, 2004, 08:28 AM
I was talking to Rai at the detailing event, and he told me his are just made of the common vinyl that sign writers use. He said they had been on for a year or two.

They looked like they had just been put on.

XXX-1.8T
July 12th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Had a play tonite where it dried up and the pipe has made a further improvement but cos i have no rubber its just wheels spin

the sound is awesome from the turbo its like like an indusrial vacuum rather than the hissing noise it did before

Im addicted to it but i should take it easy as ill lose my licence again :rolleyes:

From first to second gear flat out before the car used to just wheelspin now what it does is wheelspin more violently that the car twitches into other lanes which judging from this it must have more power :big_wink:

Low 14's here we come!!! :mrgreen:

Haysey
July 12th, 2004, 02:15 AM
im in love!

u can hear it sucking

im bedding them in
...Stiffening...
how good it is at the moment

good quality thats heat resistant

she'll be finished :)

Thats nice.. thanks for sharing!
MR AUDI

XXX-1.8T
July 12th, 2004, 02:43 AM
i wasnt talking about Chux's mum so relax :P

Turbomike61
July 12th, 2004, 07:10 AM
will let u guys know when it dries up

so watch this space then she'll be finished :)

Chux
July 12th, 2004, 09:03 AM
lol

sounds like a 10 second A3 now Costa ;-)

time to visit W.S.I.D again i think :P

XXX-1.8T
July 12th, 2004, 09:08 AM
yep ill be there as soon as my clutch comes and i have some cash for rubber :D

AudiFan
July 12th, 2004, 09:31 AM
yep ill be there as soon as my clutch comes and i have some cash for rubber

Hey man what about all the moulah you made on Greece? Please tell me you had a small bet at big odds at the start of the tournament?
:roll:

What is this surprise? Is it the greek flag painted on the roof? :D That would have to make it go faster surely

XXX-1.8T
July 12th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah made a bit of money paid for Rego and Insurance :)

Didnt bet on Greece from the start :beat: mate of mine won $15k from $100 :shock:

BTW how long does it take to bed brakes in?

BARA
July 12th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Yeah made a bit of money paid for Rego and Insurance :)

Didnt bet on Greece from the start :beat: mate of mine won $15k from $100 :shock:

BTW how long does it take to bed brakes in?

haha i know someone who bet $1000 on greece at the start of the tournament (with odds 150:1)...!

XXX-1.8T
July 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM
:shock:

anyone going to bet with me for Greece to take out the Confed and World Cup :mrgreen:

BTW today i was thinking of the joke they made up in WC94 -

Why did Greece get smashed in the World Cup?

Cos every corner they took they opened up a chicken shop :)

I reckon now this can get changed to

Why did Portugal lose the Euro Cup

Cos every corner they took they opened a Oportos :mrgreen: