PDA

View Full Version : Temperature

ResTlesS
July 17th, 2004, 06:33 PM
stupid question but just wondering.... when u turn ur climate control up to high... how much does everyone elses a3t drop down in temperature??.... mine drops down to 60 degrees.... is that normal?? or is there something wrong with that?? i jus thought that a 30 degree drop was a big drop...

cheers

b5turbo
July 17th, 2004, 06:58 PM
When you are talking about temperature drop, do you mean the coolant temperature? If you are, this doesn't sound normal.

BENA3T
July 17th, 2004, 09:03 PM
i havent noticed anything like that but cmon man....dont use aircon in the winter..just let the car enjoy the cold air wear an extra jumper or something...dont put any extra drain on the engine....heheh....if ur referring to water temp, im not really sure whats going on there...like i said i havent noticed anything...like anthony said it seems a little odd....

BARA
July 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM
your air con might be displaying temp in fahrenheit mode and not celsius (60f = 16c i think?)... you can switch it around i just dont remember how.. it wasnt that hard though

:D

BENA3T
July 17th, 2004, 09:40 PM
got me..but im sure u could feel the diff between 16 and 60 the most my ac can do is 32 i think....bit of a stretch....im not sure how it could effect ur engine temp so drastically but then what i dont know could fill the schwartzenegger library heheh :mrgreen:

Chux
July 18th, 2004, 12:47 AM
90 is the normal operating temp and 60 seems a little low, you may have a dodgey temp sender or something? i think Derek said something about a green top one that replaces the black top one?

Better off just taking it to a mechanic who knows what he is doing ;-)

BENA3T
July 18th, 2004, 02:26 AM
i concur dr morris :P

ResTlesS
July 18th, 2004, 04:24 AM
yeh its the coolant temp... not the air con temp.... had the thermostat replaced like 4 months ago.... dont know if thats playin up again.... thanx for ur replies :)

ea2001
July 18th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open. When you turn the A/C on the engine fans run all the time. If the thermostat is stuck open this will drop the engine temp too much.

July 21st, 2004, 11:26 PM
Enging temp should stay at 90C on the gauge. The problem could be the thermostat or a faulty vent flap/flap control not changing between hot and cold properlyEvery car should run the A/C during the winter to keep the system lubricated. Run it when demisting the windscreen. The air coming through the vents with the A/C on has alot less humidity which demists the windows quicker. Read your owners manual about it.