PDA

View Full Version : 99 S3 Radio Mute Connection

ShAyMaN S3
August 11th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Hi All just picked up a OS2 XDA II and a bluetooth car kit, does anybody know if the standard headdeck has a connection on the back for Mute from a car kit, if so does anybody have a wiring diagram that they could host. So I can connect the right cables.

Also does anybody know without pulling the headdeck out is there easy access to a switched 12v supply via the ignition, save me pulling the head deck out, this is only if there was no mute input on the bose !!

cheers in advance

Turbomike61
August 11th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Yes there is mute connections if your car is fitted with a H/U from Germany, not an Aussie fitment.

I take it an OSD XDA II is a phone?

Chuck
August 12th, 2004, 11:58 AM
On a slightly different topic - do the TP and TI buttons on the S3 sound system work in Australia?

Lancia
August 12th, 2004, 10:10 PM
These buttons are for TP (Turbo PLus) and TI (Turbo Increase). For some reason they dont work. :shock:

I hope no one takes me seriously!

Dave R32
August 13th, 2004, 09:04 AM
These buttons are for TP (Turbo PLus) and TI (Turbo Increase). For some reason they dont work.

I knew you were fibbing coz my R32 has the buttons, but it doesnt have a turbo :roll:

Chux, they dont work here as the local radio stations dont transmit traffic info etc. In fact most stations up here in Brisbane dont even have RDS, (QLD perfect one day, 1960 the next...... :D )