PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Chip Tuning

ido09s
August 5th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Has anyone used them?

I found an ebay ad where they are selling a plug and play chip that takes the SQ5 from 230kw to 281kw and 650nm to 754nm. I don't know how they come up with the odd numbers but hey, what ever

Well priced in comparison to some of the other offerings at $739. This is for the version that adjust fuel and boost

Audi Q3 Q5 SQ5 TDI Twin Fuel Turbo Boost Diesel Chip Tuning BOX | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audi-Q3-Q5-SQ5-TDI-Twin-Fuel-Turbo-Boost-Diesel-Chip-Tuning-Box-/251984076305?hash=item3aab6bde11)

They also have another version that does fuel only for $539

Audi Q3 Q5 SQ5 TDI Diesel Chiptuning BOX | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audi-Q3-Q5-SQ5-TDI-Diesel-ChipTuning-Box-/251929453156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3aa82a6264)

jamiejvella
August 5th, 2015, 05:45 PM
It's not ABT for that price [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfgang54
August 5th, 2015, 08:39 PM
how do they adjust boost... fuel is easy but boost?

ido09s
August 5th, 2015, 09:30 PM
no idea. I just found the listings and thought i would post them up here to see if anyone has heard of this brand or used them before

wolfgang54
August 6th, 2015, 07:33 PM
just remember folks if they plug into the fuel rail pressure sensor (as nearly all do) they simply alter this signal tricking the ecu into adding more fuel... usually in a linear fashion across the entire rev range for the cheaper ones...

the phantom
August 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I had my 2010 Q5 3.0 TDI reflashed with Oettinger . Big improvement in forward thrust, still gets good mileage if you want. Wouldn't go the add on route.

Dingah
August 7th, 2015, 07:19 PM
If only.............
Not available for the Oz SQ5 and apparently unlikely to ever be.

DIngah

Korny
August 9th, 2015, 09:16 AM
It's like expecting cheap tyres to perform like Pirelli...$500 tuning boxes?

Sent from Korny's iPad using Tapatalk

ido09s
August 10th, 2015, 09:24 AM
there are cheaper tyres out there that perform better than Pirelli's lol

and your delirious if you think that high prices ensure quality. I have seen some big dollar tunes that my grand mother could have done

momento1
August 10th, 2015, 10:08 AM
in my opinion i can understand the theory behind the diesel tuning boxes and how they work... i cant see it causing long term damage if its not too overboard...

however i myself will be waiting until a tried and tested tuner in our market (ie APR, GIAC etc etc ) to come out with a tune...

but they better pull their fingers out cause this engine has been out for a few years now with nothing on the market.....

ido09s
August 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
If its not done already its not going to happen mate so don't hold your breath

momento1
August 10th, 2015, 04:53 PM
If its not done already its not going to happen mate so don't hold your breath

Little birdy told me end of the year...

so i hope you are wrong for all our sakes... Hahaha

Dingah
August 10th, 2015, 07:28 PM
That bird might be optimistic.
The Oz encryption is the issue.
Further, it won't be APR as it is a diesel it will be an Oettinger tune and will cost in the order of $3000 for an ECU reflash.

Dingah

Korny
August 10th, 2015, 08:27 PM
there are cheaper tyres out there that perform better than Pirelli's lol

and your delirious if you think that high prices ensure quality. I have seen some big dollar tunes that my grand mother could have done

I don't believe I referenced a direct correlation to "price equals quality"...but perception is reality and if that's how you interpreted my point then continue to indulge in your own rhetoric.

Korny
August 10th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Little birdy told me end of the year...

so i hope you are wrong for all our sakes... Hahaha

He/she (ido09s) just likes to be in possession of an alternative, albeit typically sarcastic, opinion irrespective of being right/wrong...or so I am observing of late.

Dingah
August 10th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Hey folks let's cool it a little.
Each to their own.
Even without additional tuning by whomever, the SQ5 is a darn good engine. :kiss_rings:

Dingah

Korny
August 10th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Each to their own.
Even without additional tuning by whomever, the SQ5 is a darn good engine. :kiss_rings:

Dingah

Totally cool....just don't tolerate fools.

Peach
August 10th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Each to their own.

Dingah

Good engine or not, It's still an SUV and thus neither sporty or utility.... I really don't get them as a concept at all.

Dingah
August 11th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Don't worry about it, you'll grow up one day.
:wave:

Dingah

momento1
August 11th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Don't worry about it, you'll grow up one day.
:wave:

Dingah

Lol

but in honesty Peach the Q5, and moreso SQ5, is a very practical family car... spaciaous, luxury, just enough power for regular driving, and boatloads of torque for hauling everyone incl baggage around

I think its in a perfectly situated niche market

ido09s
August 11th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Good engine or not, It's still an SUV and thus neither sporty or utility.... I really don't get them as a concept at all.

That's fine, then stay out of the SQ5 area of the forum hehehehehhehehe

note the hehehehehehehehe to show sarcasm

Dingah
August 11th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Back on topic.
I wonder if it is truly an encryption issue for the Oettinger flash as the European models appear to be able to accessed for an Oettinger flash.

Dingah

VCAN
November 16th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Anyone tried MTM before?

Audi SQ5 Tuning - 3,0 BiTDI 230 kW (313 hp) quattro (http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/SQ5/3-0-BiTDI-230-kW-313-hp-quattro?FZID=Q5TDI230Q)

Dingah
November 17th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Anyone tried MTM before?

Audi SQ5 Tuning - 3,0 BiTDI 230 kW (313 hp) quattro (http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/SQ5/3-0-BiTDI-230-kW-313-hp-quattro?FZID=Q5TDI230Q)

Yes but not I.
Effective, rather expensive and certainly not a quick on and off job.

Dingah

VCAN
November 17th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I see. How about REVO? Quoted under 1k.

CN

jamiejvella
November 17th, 2015, 12:47 PM
I see. How about REVO? Quoted under 1k.

CN

Who was the quote from? That's quite a reasonable price

VCAN
November 17th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Who was the quote from? That's quite a reasonable price

From - Active Motorwerke

CN

Dingah
November 18th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Presumably you are not chipping a SQ5 then?

Dingah

VCAN
November 18th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Presumably you are not chipping a SQ5 then?

Dingah

I'm thinking to chip tuning my SQ5 :mrgreen:

https://www.revotechnik.com.au/datasheets/audi/revo-datasheet-audi-sq5-bitdi.pdf

Active Motorwerke is one of Revo dealer.
https://www.revotechnik.com.au/dealers

Dingah
November 20th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Now then - I am assuming you own an SQ5 not a straight vanilla Q5.
That being the case, no you are not chipping with Revo as it is an OBDI port system.
You are undertaking a refresh of your ECU software = warranty issues as it will set a flag in your software which can be tracked by your dealership.
Secondly, at this stage no one has managed to crack the encryption of the Australian SQ5 ECU software so I imagine this is a European solution which appears unlikely to work.
Thus I think that chip tuning as it is referred to is your only option and means a piggyback unit like Kraftwerk - take a look.
Evidently the results are quite impressive and the risks low and no ECU flags.
If the encryption is ever cracked then from last experience I unreservedly commend Oettinger to you - expensive but totally competent.

Dingah

VCAN
November 20th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Now then - I am assuming you own an SQ5 not a straight vanilla Q5.
That being the case, no you are not chipping with Revo as it is an OBDI port system.
You are undertaking a refresh of your ECU software = warranty issues as it will set a flag in your software which can be tracked by your dealership.
Secondly, at this stage no one has managed to crack the encryption of the Australian SQ5 ECU software so I imagine this is a European solution which appears unlikely to work.
Thus I think that chip tuning as it is referred to is your only option and means a piggyback unit like Kraftwerk - take a look.
Evidently the results are quite impressive and the risks low and no ECU flags.
If the encryption is ever cracked then from last experience I unreservedly commend Oettinger to you - expensive but totally competent.

Dingah

Yes I own a SQ5 now :)
I didn't know that they are different (OBDI port system vs chipping).
I'll have a look further.

Cristian G
November 28th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Anyone heard of or used "dpchip"?
I have a Q7 on loan from a main dealer (as a test drive) that has a dpchip box fitted under the left side of the engine cover. I've never heard of them till today.
Should the dealer remove this before the car is on sold?
Thanks
Cristian

kaitan
November 12th, 2016, 09:48 AM
So far no news yet on BIturbo Tuning? i've been searching but not much reviewing on them! Got a A6 3.0 TDI Bi turbo. it goes like a rocket but I still think too much turbo lag from standstill.

shterk
November 28th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Hi guys,

Looks like another thread revival - not bad for my first time posting on ozaudi!

First off I'd like to say a big hello, been reading up on the forum and finally subscribed due to a recent SQ5 purchase.

Now to the topic - Has there been any updates regarding tuning for the SQ5??? I have tried doing a fair bit of research and have obtained some pricing from certain local tuners (in Melbourne) however I would like the opinions of those who have had first hand experiences in diesel tuning - preferably fellow SQ5 owners.

Warranty concerns have gone out the window as the car no longer has warranty on it (2013 MY14) however my preference is a OBD tune as opposed to a "piggy back" system.

One big concern however is the torque limit of the 8 speed tiptronic - can't seem to find concrete info on the limit of this gearbox (some say 700-750Nm some say 800-900Nm) so I'm concerned with tune outputs of 700Nm+.

Looking forward to get your views on the matter.

Cheers.

shterk
November 28th, 2016, 03:43 PM
So far no news yet on BIturbo Tuning? i've been searching but not much reviewing on them! Got a A6 3.0 TDI Bi turbo. it goes like a rocket but I still think too much turbo lag from standstill.

Oops I jumped the gun... not exactly a thread revival by me then!

I agree with kaitan thus my first post.

kaitan
November 29th, 2016, 04:21 PM
No problem buddy.

I have research and the A6 ti bi turbo is the same engine as SQ5.

A highly reputable tuner in Sydney City performance uses flash tune McChip from Germany I think. The figures quoted are a lot 40kw and 96nm increase. But it doesn't come with a cheap price $1860 Quoted.

I'm still doing research on Racechip, APR, Revo but research seems to have gone no where.

Thanks

Oops I jumped the gun... not exactly a thread revival by me then!

I agree with kaitan thus my first post.

shterk
November 30th, 2016, 10:53 AM
So far I have been unsuccessful in obtaining any info regarding APR. A REVO tune is just under $1,000 and yields between 252-260kW (stock 230kW) and 750-800Nm (stock 650Nm). I was told by the same tuner that an ABT tune would yield similar gains but with a price tag in excess of $3k.

j30max
November 30th, 2016, 05:54 PM
So far I have been unsuccessful in obtaining any info regarding APR. A REVO tune is just under $1,000 and yields between 252-260kW (stock 230kW) and 750-800Nm (stock 650Nm). I was told by the same tuner that an ABT tune would yield similar gains but with a price tag in excess of $3k.

yep, abt details here:

https://www.abtsportsline.com.au/audi/audi-q5/audi-q5-current-models/audi-sq5/products/audi-sq5-engine-technology

kaitan
November 30th, 2016, 11:53 PM
which company that is doing that ??? I know redo is the tuner but from which shop?

Under 1k!! thats pretty good deal !! what if both of us get done together :D would it be even cheaper? Would that be a dyne before and after results to justify the claims?

shterk
December 1st, 2016, 10:27 AM
which company that is doing that ??? I know redo is the tuner but from which shop?

Under 1k!! thats pretty good deal !! what if both of us get done together :D would it be even cheaper? Would that be a dyne before and after results to justify the claims?

The company is Active Motorwerke - they are based in Melbourne though. Not sure about the dyno runs however considering it's a REVO tune I doubt that would be included unless you paid for it.

shterk
December 7th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Anyone with thoughts about Oettinger? Output of around 280kW and 760Nm.

Now I'm not sure if I should go down the path of flash tune or piggyback system.

shterk
December 9th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Bump

Anyone????

shterk
December 15th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Well the latest with regards to APR is apparently they don't have a tune for the diesel variant of the SQ5.

Jon@HP
January 16th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Well the latest with regards to APR is apparently they don't have a tune for the diesel variant of the SQ5.

Hi shterk, if you are still looking for tuning options for your SQ5, we offer a full reprogram of the factory ECU.

Gains are +35kw and +90nm. Feel free to give us a call or speak to one of our Victorian dealers for pricing and information.

georgestoj
April 19th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Hi shterk, if you are still looking for tuning options for your SQ5, we offer a full reprogram of the factory ECU.

Gains are +35kw and +90nm. Feel free to give us a call or speak to one of our Victorian dealers for pricing and information.

Jon, I would be interested in tuning options if you have a distributor is Sydney.

hrb93
December 4th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Any options for the 4f A6, 3.0tdi?

RacePace
December 4th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I too would be interested in tuning options for diesels - 2.7 TDI A4 B8.

Thanks