PDA

View Full Version : E-Tuners

sk67
February 6th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys. Anyone had there car tuned by E-Tuners?

itaplikeabiatch
February 6th, 2017, 10:10 PM
first question is why would u look at an obscure tuning company, especially for a vag product which already has numerous well known and established options?
surely price isnt the only reason? most tuning options are about the same ballpark. power gain? most products are about the same power gains.
just go with the known tuning companies and u have peace of mind, rather than having to ask around if anyone knows about a tuning company that noone knows about

PaulyJ
February 7th, 2017, 01:01 AM
I disagree. Most big tuning companies offer generic maps without any proper road calibrations and simply rely on their name as a selling point.
I know E-Tuners and yes they are good.
Gordie from E-Tuners here in Melbourne is great and his work is very solid. I have seen it first hand.
I myself have gone with Underground Performance as each of their tunes are calibrated specifically to that particular vehicle.
We did numerous rolling road runs and tests, with adjustments made to suit my car 100% in accordance to my modifications and how the car was performing.

sk67
February 7th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Well firstly they are not obscure and they do great things with vag cars. I just needed some feedback. As for going for well established options like APR or Revo its no good for me. They are just flash tunes with generic maps without any proper road calibrations. I need a custom file and then put on the dyno to get the full potential of mods I've done. I'm running Stage 3+. Totally agree with you Paul.

PaulyJ
February 7th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Keep us updated on which route you take with this mate, will be interesting to know.

Well firstly they are not obscure and they do great things with vag cars. I just needed some feedback. As for going for well established options like APR or Revo its no good for me. They are just flash tunes with generic maps without any proper road calibrations. I need a custom file and then put on the dyno to get the full potential of mods I've done. I'm running Stage 3+. Totally agree with you Paul.

itaplikeabiatch
February 7th, 2017, 10:37 PM
ok, i wasnt aware that u have done extensive modifications. if thats the case, then of course a custom tune/ ecu is obviously the direction to go. motec, haltech, etc to get the most out of your car.
otherwise, for most owners, running bolt ons or just a flash, then a custom tune is not cost effective

bunii_s3
February 9th, 2017, 11:28 AM
They are having 15% discount on all tunes at the moment.

tuf32
February 13th, 2017, 12:45 PM
They are having 15% discount on all tunes at the moment.
Spoke to the guys at E-Tuning today, $1195 to stage 1 my A5 2.0T Quattro. They claim that normally there would be a $395 fee on top of this for a DSG tune too, but, as part of the 'sale' this fee is being waved.
10-15% increased Torque
Boost increased to 24+psi which was advised to be a safe level for a stock 2.0T - This particularly doesn't sit well with me.

s

PaulyJ
February 13th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Hey mate, empty your inbox, got something to send across to you

Spoke to the guys at E-Tuning today, $1195 to stage 1 my A5 2.0T Quattro. They claim that normally there would be a $395 fee on top of this for a DSG tune too, but, as part of the 'sale' this fee is being waved.
10-15% increased Torque
Boost increased to 24+psi which was advised to be a safe level for a stock 2.0T - This particularly doesn't sit well with me.

s

tuf32
February 13th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Hey mate, empty your inbox, got something to send across to you
Paul,
Done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wood Duck
April 7th, 2017, 10:26 PM
10-15% increased Torque

s

Gotta keep up with those pesky S3 blokes on the drive days somehow eh?
[emoji41]

Audi S3 MY16 Daytona Grey

Frankie17
May 6th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Hi Guys. Anyone had there car tuned by E-Tuners?

Hey mate, just wondering how you went with your tune ? Did you end up going with E-tuners as I'm considering going down that path myself with my S3 here in Sydney. How was your experience ?

Thanks,

sk67
May 6th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Hi There. I ended up driving my car to Melbourne to Underground Performance. Alex does a great tune and really looks after you. Underground Performance now have a affiliate here in Sydney who does their tunes called PacorTech. Give either one a call and they should be able to help you out.

Nath
May 7th, 2018, 02:15 PM
I use Gordie from E-Tuners Motorsport in Melbourne (They have partner workshops nationally)

I did the amount of research one would expect when upgrading the turbo on a brand new RS3..

Gordie is all about customer satisfaction and a quick look at their Fbook page would show the hundreds of cars he has tuned - not to mention E-tuners Motorsport is a global company, with workshops in many countries across the globe..

Gordie has his own in-house dyno and compared to others, its a bit of a heart breaker but more important is his numbers back it up down the 1/4 mile with the trap speed (I've seen other <supposedly> high KW cars trap low MPH's, the strip doesn't lie like a dyno can..)

Few weeks ago he did a Ferrari 458 which is a true testament to his ability..!

My dyno and my MPH on 25,000km old street tyres.. I'll be going back on R spec rubber shortly to work on that 60 footer :)

https://image.ibb.co/m1B2HS/e50_dyno_KW_NM.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/cfRuoc/Drag_strip_slips_APRIL_2018.jpg

and my AFR = nice and safe :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180418/f5d82c7ef5b67cd97c562b42399da5a9.jpg

jaydece
May 7th, 2018, 07:59 PM
As discussed recently Nath! Keep up the good work and good luck at the next 1/4 .....Get those low 10's!

Appreciate your knowledge, information and advise, cant wait to join the RS3 club hopefully soon...

Cheers!

peterd
May 7th, 2018, 10:07 PM
What mods have you got running 330kw ATW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sk67
May 8th, 2018, 10:58 AM
His mods are listed on the bottom of his post. Under the photos.

peterd
May 8th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Nothing under the photos for me?

Must be a Tapatalk problem, will try from a PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alister
May 9th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Nothing under the photos for me?

Here you go:

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+

TomCat TC600 Hybrid | E-Tuner Motorsport ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | GFB DV+ | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin PS4S | Rays Forged ZE40's

331kw / 640Nm @ Wheels

1/4: 11.07 & 133MPH (https://preview.ibb.co/cfRuoc/Drag_strip_slips_APRIL_2018.jpg)

bigmez
May 9th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Strongly thinking about heading down to Gordie in Melbourne or UGP as well.

Was thinking about APR - despite not calibrating and just flashing the ecu - they have been in the game for a long time but.. a flash for $1600 doesn't sit well with me lol.
OEM+ has been spoken as of late but again.. Another flashing option.

Nath
May 9th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Strongly thinking about heading down to Gordie in Melbourne or UGP as well.

Was thinking about APR - despite not calibrating and just flashing the ecu - they have been in the game for a long time but.. a flash for $1600 doesn't sit well with me lol.
OEM+ has been spoken as of late but again.. Another flashing option.

Both offer real dyno tunes, so you cant go wrong!

Not all engines are the same, which is evident when you compare their baselines.

sk67
May 14th, 2018, 05:25 AM
Hi Guys. Underground Performance has just posted this on their Facebook page. https://scontent.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/p80x80/29792880_2099709736929235_4221790961765711872_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGOvXqkwaev4Czx8lqGB81Cv9mU_Cwk_z2Z14rAN 7ehuJTrSwDzwCvjwNlBX3c14Cdt2iKxMrVWyBt2teYhYqfWliF 23msKlw-KLTDM_QV7bg&oh=54fa1e049a7e26618a2c380a5ed3c91d&oe=5B872937
(https://www.facebook.com/undergroundperformancetuning/?ref=nf&hc_ref=ARSlmuLqksMRDTo68OYpMiYveOLxQfp1aunoDMuVnXz uIRjaLeomkfCCLyepQ_hSIPc)

Underground Performance (https://www.facebook.com/undergroundperformancetuning/?hc_ref=ARTje9wuAqWBK3UlXxbZpV1FGFIQcKQcH7s1KJT7z8 wlUbg_VwNj-RzjRg-D3yQsCJA&fref=nf) ∑ 6 hrs ∑

Underground Performance is excited to announce that we also officially offer Etuners custom tuning via our Melbourne workshop, in addition to existing tuning solutions, performance parts and vehicle servicing.
UGP is now the only authorised and official Etuners dealer for VAG tuning in Victoria. Prestige Autoworks and Euro Garage complete the Etuners Melbourne network by offering solutions for prestige European marques.
This means Underground now covers, in combination with ...Etuners, a wider range of tuning solutions and features, across more models, across all opening hours, further enhancing our quality and value of services.
Why look anywhere else? Get in contact today for for a quotation via our website, Facebook, phone or email.
W - undergroundperformance.com.au/
F - facebook.com/undergroundperformancetuning/ (https://facebook.com/undergroundperformancetuning/)
E - info@undergroundperformance.com.au
Underground Performance - Power through partnership https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/fc5/1.5/16/1f4aa.png💪https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f55/1.5/16/1f44d.png

Neru
May 14th, 2018, 05:54 PM
What's the difference between the two?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Nath
May 15th, 2018, 02:52 PM
What's the difference between the two?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Etuners was co-founded by 2 people in Greece. These two split in June 2017 and went their separate ways.

Etuners & Etuner Motorsports was formed.

Etuner Melbourne sided with Etuner Motorsports and Etuners Sydney & Brisbane sided with Etuners. They are now direct competition.

If you google/Fbook search, you can see the affiliate countries each still services and the work they are performing.

Why did UGP do this when they have their own Melbourne base of customers and own bespoke tunes?

I have no idea?

sk67
May 15th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Nath as UPG stated they can do a wider range of tuning solutions and features, across more models. Eg. Mercedes,BMW. etc. UGP tunes are more focused on VW, Audi,Skoda. As you said both offer real dyno tunes, so you can’t go wrong. I’m no a big fan of flash tunes. Dyno tunes all the way with me.

Nath
May 16th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Nath as UPG stated they can do a wider range of tuning solutions and features, across more models. Eg. Mercedes,BMW. etc. UGP tunes are more focused on VW, Audi,Skoda. As you said both offer real dyno tunes, so you can’t go wrong. I’m no a big fan of flash tunes. Dyno tunes all the way with me.

Their announcement states they are now the only authorized & official VAG distributor for etuners in Victoria, which is the part that confuses me - as this is what i assume they specialized in with their own UGP tunes prior?

Not starting a tuna war - genuinely confused with their direction; if they are the only authorised VAG Vic etuner dealer, where does this leave their own UGP tunes?

Will they be providing etuner tunes to VAG customers rather than UGP moving forwards?

ndenning46
May 16th, 2018, 12:36 PM
It means you have a choice of tunes. They took over the etuners franchise to give Victorians the opportunity to have an etuners tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nath
May 25th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Etuners Motorsport Australia (Gordie) just had their development car with Charles @ Lamspeed Racing in NSW record a new Australian record in his FL RS3!

10.75 @ 127MPH !!!!!

Micks Motorsport in NSW is a Etuner Motorsport dealer, for anyone in NSW wishing to get the same tune!

https://image.ibb.co/btOqLo/lamspeed_1.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/nMtqLo/lamspeed_2.jpg

random101
May 25th, 2018, 08:29 PM
This somewhat annoys me - it's all really the same difference.
Having been looking into it in depth I trust APR with their vast R&D budget and product - they put a lot of money in to get generic tunes to their specifications (I was always a REVO fan).

Fast forward to modern day 'tuners' not to discredit anyone... but just sharing my thoughts. E tuners is a growing company from humble beginnings.

In any which case it's dead easy to match AFR's, boost curves, fuel pressure.

The real talent is from where these people get their base maps from, learning the ins and outs of WinOLS - creating DAMOS files, unlocking ECU/TCU potential,anti lag/crackle,flex fuel, adding switchable maps all those little details which APR have the budget to do and some other smaller guys have the talent.

By the time these base tunes get to our local shops it's just a matter of changing a handful of values on a dyno (sure it needs skill not to blow a piston through) to get the extra % for that car out of the map.

Anyhow my advice - go to a 'Tuner' that can back their product up and provide support that you require. To a degree you'll get what you pay for.

ndenning46
May 25th, 2018, 08:53 PM
These are not base tunes that come to the local shops. Copies of the standard files for each car are emailed to the tuners in Greece, the files re-written to what the customer wants, installed on the car, dynoed, re-written again until the customer is satisfied. The local guys donít touch the data, just install it and dyno it.

random101
May 25th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Exactly my point.

smit2100
May 26th, 2018, 04:26 AM
These are not base tunes that come to the local shops. Copies of the standard files for each car are emailed to the tuners in Greece, the files re-written to what the customer wants, installed on the car, dynoed, re-written again until the customer is satisfied. The local guys don’t touch the data, just install it and dyno it.

WHAT happens when you have an issue and go back for a diagnosis. E.g. Not satisfied.
Nothing to do with the our tune, eg you have a mechanical issue ??

ndenning46
May 26th, 2018, 07:15 AM
If you have an issue thatís tune related, they will send the data back again for fixing. If it is mechanical, no tuning company will fix it. If you break a turbo or piston with anyoneís tune (including APR etc), itís your problem. They are not going to pay for peopleís bad driving habits.

smit2100
June 17th, 2018, 10:59 PM
If you have an issue thatís tune related, they will send the data back again for fixing. If it is mechanical, no tuning company will fix it. If you break a turbo or piston with anyoneís tune (including APR etc), itís your problem. They are not going to pay for peopleís bad driving habits.

Hmmmm????

GUTCH
December 11th, 2018, 11:00 PM
They are not going to pay for peopleís bad driving habits.

What kind of bad driving habits breaks a turbo or piston? What if it is tune-related?

smit2100
December 13th, 2018, 02:48 AM
What kind of bad driving habits breaks a turbo or piston? What if it is tune-related?

I think you are in the same camp as me. Eg no tune can grenade a turbo or engine Hmmm. That said, being lazy at low km's in sixth and not changing down and then stomping on it on a high boosting turbo ain't exactly ideal and user friendly with stock rods.