PDA

View Full Version : Audi S3 MY17 2017 (facelift) APR tune??

Lanzo84
March 31st, 2017, 01:33 PM
Hi All,

I just took delivery of my shiny new MY17 Audi S3 in Daytona Grey, Black Pack and all the other trimmings. Picture attached just because I love it so much :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170331/836f7895828a069443b6e6298ef9fd8e.jpg

So I took it to European Autotech for a tune and APR have apparently not cracked the encryption of the MY17 facelift S3 yet :(

Anyone have any extra info on when this may happen and how long it typically takes APR to crack a new encryption??

Lanzo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanzo84
April 4th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Bump

DR20T
April 4th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Hi mate

have you considered the JB1/4 setup for your needs?

Mick

SilvRFoxx
April 4th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Talk to Parso http://www.recode.net.au/vw-audi-and-skoda-tuning.html

his custom tunes munch the generic ones

Lanzo84
April 5th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the input. I will definitely look into those options. I always thought custom maps were just "harder" and more $$. Also I had a situation a few years back where I told Audi dealer that I had APR (as they wanted to apply an ECU update) and they scanned the car looking for it. Could not find it. Made me wonder if I had just paid someone to not change anything ;|

SilvRFoxx
April 6th, 2017, 06:39 AM
My custom tune for my Golf R was cheaper and I don't trust those internet tunes because all you have is thier word for it and the seat of your pants for proof. The custom tune was done on an awd dyno and I had 6 documented runs shown how the tune was improving each time. They also took a copy of the original factory tune to put it back if required. With the APR etc if they return it to stock it is a generic tune not your original

Lanzo84
April 7th, 2017, 04:26 PM
My custom tune for my Golf R was cheaper and I don't trust those internet tunes because all you have is thier word for it and the seat of your pants for proof. The custom tune was done on an awd dyno and I had 6 documented runs shown how the tune was improving each time. They also took a copy of the original factory tune to put it back if required. With the APR etc if they return it to stock it is a generic tune not your original

Good info, I will look into it.

Thx