PDA

View Full Version : Rs 3 tuning confused

mievo5
April 22nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Question:I have a RS3 8 months old and I am looking at some options
my dilemma is that I have a 4+ year warranty left on the car and am confused
as in what I can and can't get done to the car and what will and won't void warranty,also what is and isn't detectable.
thanks in advance for the help I'm fairly new to the forum
cheers

Seanix
April 22nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hi mate,
welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of tuning options out there for the rs3 however the old saying goes.. you need to pay to play.
audi will try and void warranty if they find out that u have tuned ur car. They will even void warranty on things like brakes on a tuned car so it can get a little curly.

Speaking to my service rep who I know quite well mentioned that even the smallest things like aftermarket air filters or a secondary decat pipe can void warranty because they increase air flow/ help the car breeth better which alters the original parameters Audi set.

Lowering springs will void warranty on all your suspension components.. lol
where does it stop 😄

Having said that I believe the burger tuning box (jb1,jb4) are not detectable by the ecu. That would go for pretty much all tuning boxes. But you will need to unplug the unit each time your car goes in for a service.

Ps. I'm in the same boat as you. i can't be stuffed with the associated headaches so my car is all stock apart from lowereing springs so there goes warranty on my suspension 😄

Hope that provides a bit of context.

cheers.

jnrdavo
April 23rd, 2017, 07:45 AM
There are several posts on the forum about this... Audi have to prove that the changes caused the fault in your car. As an example, if you changed the airbox and your brakes failed/etc, then there is no way they would not have to fix the brakes under Australian Consumer Law..