PDA

View Full Version : Club Audi NSW list of events for the remainder of 2005

Chux
October 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Hello all,

Many of you have been keen to receive more details about the Club's events for the remainder of 2005. I'm pleased to announce that we have locked in 3 events for November and December including the long awaiting Driver Education event. Here's some further information:

** Impromptu event - A1 Grand Prix of Nations - Sunday 6 November **

You may have heard of A1 Grand Prix, a new international motorsport series "where technology and innovation are deliberately equalised and performance is determined by human bravery, skill and excellence". If not, you'll find some interesting reading here: http://www.a1gp.com/

The first Australian A1 Grand Prix will be held at Sydney's Eastern Creek Raceway on Sunday 6 November. Many of our members have already indicated that they will be attending. This will be an impromptu social event for any members who wish to meet up on the day.

RSVPs: by email to Ken Barry at kenbarry@bigpond.net.au if you would like to meet up with other club members on the day

** Driver Education event - Nationwide Defensive Driving School - Saturday 3 December **

We have managed to secure a Driver Education Day on Saturday 3 December. The course will be run by Peter Finlay of Nationwide Defensive Driving School and will be delivered at Oran Park in Narellan, Sydney. The course schedule runs a full day from 0800-1630 and is available from here:
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/kenbarry/ca-nsw/driveredschedule.pdf

Peter is offering a customised course for Club Audi that is a blend between traditional "education" courses and "drive day / performance" courses. This program is similar to those Peter has delivered for other car clubs, and may enable you to apply for a premium rebate from your insurance company.

Whilst the normal cost of this course is $295 per person, Club Audi is offering a subsidy of $50 for primary club members. The cost per person is thus:
* primary club member - $245
* additional family members - $295

This event is open to Club Audi members and their families only. Places are limited, so your early enrolment is recommended. We are unfortunately unable to accept enrolments for non-members due to a variety of legal and insurance related restrictions.

If you wish to attend, we require:
(i) your commitment in writing by Wednesday 26 October;
(ii) receipt of your payment in full by Wednesday 2 November; and
(iii) receipt of a membership application and payment by Friday 28 October if you are not already a member.

RSVPs: by email to Warwick at warwick.mann@iad.com.au or phone 0414 963 698. Warwick will provide you with payment options and further details once your enrolment is confirmed.

** Christmas Party / AGM **

This year, we will be combining our Christmas Party and the club AGM. This event is planned for the evening of Tuesday 6 December at a venue to be confirmed. Please put this date into your diaries now to avoid messy conflicts when further details are provided.

RSVPs: by email to Ansis Kradsins at esansis@yahoo.com.

I hope to catch up with each of you at one of these exciting upcoming events!

Best regards,

Ken
President - Club Audi NSW

Ken VAG
October 30th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks for posting this up in my absence, Daniel... I've split into now 3 separate threads to make it easier to respond.