PDA

View Full Version : Sunglass holder

forrestmount
February 3rd, 2022, 07:09 PM
Hi all

My previous car had a sunglass holder built in to the roof. I donít tend to carry glasses with me so this was where they permanently lived when I was not driving.

Since getting my Q5 I am always shifting my sunglasses to different locations in the car. Eg I tend to use the cup holders but then I get a coffee etc.

I was wondering what others do? Of cause some will respond with wear them but I thought driving glasses were common for sight correction as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TheChenga
February 3rd, 2022, 11:33 PM
Another option I see is swapping out the grab handle on the side of the roof and replacing it with a sunglass holder box, might be worth looking into it.

jnrdavo
February 4th, 2022, 07:47 AM
Mine are just in a case that I have in the drivers door pocket. Trouble with three cars is which one I leave them in [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

broke90
February 4th, 2022, 01:56 PM
What Chenga said. Here's a youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU_Ftk_4Mcw&ab_channel=mr-fix

My B5 has one from the earlier series of the new Beetle (trapezoidal). I think the B6 (rectangular) can use one from a Mk5 Golf. So likewise, you'll probably find something for the Q5 from a newer model from the VW side of the family.

forrestmount
February 4th, 2022, 08:22 PM
Another option I see is swapping out the grab handle on the side of the roof and replacing it with a sunglass holder box, might be worth looking into it.

Thanks I have not heard of these but I do live under a rock, I will have around

forrestmount
February 4th, 2022, 08:23 PM
Mine are just in a case that I have in the drivers door pocket. Trouble with three cars is which one I leave them in [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Thanks makes sense, simple