PDA

View Full Version : 45k service

CMY-18T
January 20th, 2004, 10:43 PM
my car is now due for this service. audi want about 500 dollars. I asked what it is they do differently to any other service and the guy could not answer. AND....I had to request the use of full synthetic oil as the standard used in a service is smi-synth.

My understanding is that there is not much to do. oil change etc. nothing worth 500 dollars.

I was thinking of taking it to someone like derek on the north shore. I have heard good things about him and the team from costa.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Caine

XXX-1.8T
January 20th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Take it to Derek since his closer to u cost less and better service :big_wink:

If u lived in the east/west take it to Mullers :D

Chux
January 21st, 2004, 12:45 AM
I live on the x/estside and i take it to Derek ... it's worth it just to pay out on his accent ..

oh and yeah he does a good job and stuff.... but that's not as important as his accent :P

XXX-1.8T
January 21st, 2004, 01:21 AM
:D

He should write some subtitles as he speaks :D

Sammyc
January 21st, 2004, 08:21 AM
C'mon guys, he's not that bad.
You should here him play the guitar!

[img] http://members.optusnet.com.au/~curulli/mypic16.jpg [img]

Now Derek, did you think no one would know who you really are? :jump:

Kris
January 21st, 2004, 08:31 AM
Both of these guys have alot of skill, go Mark Knopfler

ea2001
January 21st, 2004, 11:27 AM
You're going to give me a complex. I will try to speak Aussie from now on by crikey matey.

All Outta Angst
January 21st, 2004, 04:34 PM
Just do it yourself - will cost $80max for oil, filter and new sump plug. If you have a warrenty - then you are still covered. As long as all the maintenance is carried out on a car, it doesn't matter who does it. Then take your saved $400+ and buy something useful... like collectable stamps or something....

Seriously though, you could buy an A4 service manual, a VAG-COM and do the service for about what they are charging for the service. And there couldn't be much more than an hours work in it.

IML337
January 21st, 2004, 05:56 PM
You're going to give me a complex. I will try to speak Aussie from now on by crikey matey.

fookin ell 500 fookin dollars - darts bollocks!

ea2001
January 21st, 2004, 06:48 PM
fookin ell 500 fookin dollars - darts bollocks

Thats pretty close Tim.
Can you write in Aussie accent also?

ea2001
January 21st, 2004, 07:04 PM
Just do it yourself - will cost $80max for oil, filter and new sump plug. If you have a warrenty - then you are still covered. As long as all the maintenance is carried out on a car, it doesn't matter who does it..

Hi there Angst
I'm not sure if your correct there. As I understand it to keep the warranty it does not have to be a dealer to service it but you need to be a liscensed trades person/workshop to keep the warranty valid. I am open to correction.
Regards
Derek

IML337
January 21st, 2004, 11:10 PM
fookin ell 500 fookin dollars - darts bollocks

Thats pretty close Tim.
Can you write in Aussie accent also?

can't swear that much here hahaha

I think you're right about the servicing - I can't imagine the warranty would still be in tact if you weren't a "proper" mechanic?

All Outta Angst
January 22nd, 2004, 12:20 PM
Well im not sure either :P But I thought it was up to the dealer to prove that whatever you do to your car has directly caused the problem.

So if you change your oil and filter religiously and your motor seizes or something, then they would look at the oil to see if it hadn't been changed.

But I have never had a car with warrenty - so I may just be making stuff up.

I think its time for someone who actually knows to tell us the answer to the question. "Can you do your own maintenace to your car and keep your warrenty?".

sik_chode
February 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
do you guys have an address and phone number of mullers
how much should the service cost???

dog
February 1st, 2004, 11:08 PM
Well, I took my RS4 to Derek for the 42k service. There.

XXX-1.8T
February 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Mullers 999 Canterbury Rd
Lakemba

:D