PDA

View Full Version : N75j solenoid

BENA3T
March 9th, 2004, 10:28 PM
hey guys anyone had experience with using n75j or n75h solenoids?
im thinking of getting one as they seem to give more boost and hold it throughout revs a little better than the stock....anyone had any problems?
ben

b5turbo
March 11th, 2004, 07:20 PM
N75H = yes, N75J = no

No problems so far, just excessive wheelspin...

Raman Gain
May 6th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I've used both on APR programming for an 03 GTI (180hp motor) in the USA.

N75H is more aggressive but can lead to a feeling of surging/jerkiness at part-throttle.

N75J is slightly less aggressive but tends to be smoother.

Both are more aggressive than the stock N75 valve, and can lead to limp mode situations.

For a detailed explanation of how they work on my car, feel free to hop "The Pond" and visit this thread on the VWVortex ...

N75 testing (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=930991)

b5turbo
May 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
The main reason I chose the N75H was the orientation of the electrical connector matched the N75C that was replaced. The N75J has the electrical connector on the other side of the valve, and my Passat has a very short N75 cable so it could have been an issue getting it to work.

BENA3T
May 7th, 2004, 03:09 AM
ive had the J in the A3 for about a month now, its been great, smooth delivery, no real diffference in power curve (from feel), but has increased pull enough to notice and enjoy quite cheaply...from what i can see on the boost gauge just increases PSI by 2-3 pounds through the revs...
all in all well worth the 100 or so bucks i spent on it