Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Transporting a car from NSW to Vic

  1. Default Transporting a car from NSW to Vic

    Hey guys,
    Just wondering if any of you know of cheap transporting companies that will move a car from NSW to VIC? I've been getting quotes of about $400 from depot to depot and i'm not entirely convinced that it'll be cheaper than driving it myself including the time it'll take. By the way it's a sedan.
    Cheers

  2. #2

    Default

    I remember a while ago getting my Audi 90 sent from canberra to melbourne for $295 depot to depot. It was with AutoTrans from Queanbeyan NSW to Laverton VIC. Give them ago although I was quoted back in 2006.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazza741 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering if any of you know of cheap transporting companies that will move a car from NSW to VIC? I've been getting quotes of about $400 from depot to depot and i'm not entirely convinced that it'll be cheaper than driving it myself including the time it'll take. By the way it's a sedan.
    Cheers
    take you 12 hrs driving, fuel of around $70 and airticket up to sydney $120+ , plus taxi to get to where the car is $40?? so far $230 to do it yourself.. i cant see you really saving anymore than $150.

    $400 sounds pretty reasonable considering .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    4,246
    Thanked: 90

    Default

    I recently (2 months ago) enquired the same, and ended up flying to NSW, and driving the car home. The costs were as follow:

    - $65 for a one-way ticket to Sydney airport
    - $0 for travelling to car yard (relative in Sydney was my chaperone).
    - $0 for an overnight stay (again, relative)
    - $100 in fuel (at a guesstimate as I filled up 3/4 of the way with 1/4 of a tank remaining - better safe than sorry)
    - 10hrs travelling. Began trip at 6am, was at my front door (Craigieburn) at 4pm
    - $30 on lunch, drinks, nibblies.

    Total cost: $195

    Tips? Don't do it alone. It's got to be the most boring drive I've ever had to do by myself.

    Mike.
    | GT3076R | ViPec i88 |

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quattro5v View Post
    I recently (2 months ago) enquired the same, and ended up flying to NSW, and driving the car home. The costs were as follow:

    - $65 for a one-way ticket to Sydney airport
    - $0 for travelling to car yard (relative in Sydney was my chaperone).
    - $0 for an overnight stay (again, relative)
    - $100 in fuel (at a guesstimate as I filled up 3/4 of the way with 1/4 of a tank remaining - better safe than sorry)
    - 10hrs travelling. Began trip at 6am, was at my front door (Craigieburn) at 4pm
    - $30 on lunch, drinks, nibblies.

    Total cost: $195

    Tips? Don't do it alone. It's got to be the most boring drive I've ever had to do by myself.

    Mike.
    yeah but based on all that Mike if you dont do it alone it will end up costing 390 bucks..same as transporting it.

    or make a road trip out of it and enjoy the drive as a holiday- that would be awesome!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Upper North Shore, Sydney
    Posts
    322
    Thanked: 7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    or make a road trip out of it and enjoy the drive as a holiday- that would be awesome!
    ^ This. If you can spare the time, get to enjoy and know your car.
    2009 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro, S-tronic, S-line, Ice Silver, APR Stage 1

  7. #7

    Default

    Meh, it ended up costing me about $500 for my wife and I to fly up to Newcastle, hire a car, drive to Port Macquarie, and drive the car home again. I would not trade that experience for any savings. It was so much fun doing an instant road trip with it! Mind you, it could have been better as I was sick as a dog with the flu...



    2001 Nogaro B5 S4 Avant

  8. #8

    Default

    Personally I'd pay the $400 and be done with it.

    But then again I'm lazy and time poor.

    BTW what car are you looking at jazza?
    Meteor Grey S5 4.2M: Magma Red Interior; AWE Downpipes; Milltek Exhaust; KW Adjustable Height Coilovers

  9. #9

    Default

    You will need at least one big can of Red Bull and consider the chances of speeding fines along the way. 10 hours and dead boring.
    2000 AUDI B5 S4 AVANT SILVER

    2008 AUDI B7 RS4 AVANT DAYTONA

  10. Default Car Transport

    I know Patrick auto-care is in the car carrying game, try thier call centre for a quote. Ingleburn to Laverton.

    The Griffon
    White A4 B8 TDI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •