Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Turbo 90Q!!

The airbox will sit low but have a clear forced air path.

Over the next few weeks I've got to do a few maintenance things then I've got a to do list:

Install airbox
    Reroute idle motor plumbing (get rid of the copper pipe)
    Modify the exhaust downpipe and centre section.
    Make a new catch can (fully closed loop) and drain it back to the sump.
    Relocate battery back up the front (it's taking up too much boot space and the cables have too much loss at cranking)
    Get it back on the dyno!

Just
    WAS
    A4 B5 1.8T quattro GP GIAC K04
    01 Triumph TT600

NOW
    RED 90 quattro 20V - - - 20VT project underway

Time for an update.

I've just done a big order of parts for the car and its currently off the road (replaced by a mkv golf 2.0tdi )

The car is in need of some repairs before all else.

I got the airbox installed but in the process I split the turbo coolant return hose and burnt my arm pretty badly. I replaced it temporarily, but noticed all the hoses are getting brittle (still original hoses) so I am replacing those with some 034 silicon hoses and will reroute the coolant return hose with high temp hose and better connections. I also had to delete the oil cooler to install the airbox but that wasn't really necessary anyway. Pics of the airbox to come.

The front strut mounts are stuffed and now the struts are banging around - my fault for ignoring it too long, the struts were pretty dead though. I've ordered some koni yellow adjustables for the front and track density mounts to fix this. The rear struts will be replace soon, but I will get all the other mounts and bushes I need for this first then do it all at once. Am looking into fitting a rear sway bar too but it looks as though there is a bit involved including new control arms (same as the front) and fabricating some mounts for the subframe.

The other problem is the spark plug wires are occasionally arcing across. Again, probably my fault, the vent at the back of the head is spewing oil fuel oxygen vapour mix around that area which wouldn't be helping the insulation. I got some new msd 8.5mm wire and connectors coming to make some new ones.
    I also some new breather lines and have sourced a little oil separator to really fix the problem.
    WAS
    01 Triumph TT600

NOW

Update?
    2002 Audi S4 B5 - Completely stock (not for long)

2001 Audi A4 B6 1.8TQM - Full Kerscher Kit, 19" A8 Replicas, Custom Exhaust, Tune by god knows who! - SOLD

1991 Audi 80 2.0E - R.I.P.

Clutch: $1000. Diff: $2000. Gearbox: $4000. Sliding around in a Quattro? Priceless.

Long time no ozaudi...
    Well its officially up for sale if anyone is interested
    http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/cars/46...oject-car.html
    WAS
    01 Triumph TT600

NOW

After a long time in storage, I've been back working on this. My aim is to have it registered again this year and get it tuned with the current setup.

The priorities have changed a little, I want it to be easy to work on, fun to drive (not necessarily super fast) and somewhat clean. I've had a b8 S4 for the past year, this reignited my interest in a car that is actually fun to drive (and has boost!). I've sold the S4 now and my wifes Q3 isn't really cutting it on the fun factor so i'm keen to get this on the road.

I've spent a little bit of time working on it over the past year or two, mostly tidying it up and replacing rubbers that had deteriorated over the last 5 years.

Recently I have:
    Upgraded to ptfe fuel lines (will go e85 on the next turbo)
    Replaced brake rotors, painted calipers black
    Installed short shifter (basically install a mk1 shifter housing 171711247 with tiny modifications)
    Changed to COP coils (from modern FSI engines)
    Replaced WAIC water cooler with motorbike radiator
    Rewire mess
    Other general maintenance

Currently I'm reinstalling an oil separator, continuing more maintenance.
    Next will be to source some parts from wreckers (lower front grill, battery clamp plate), then exhaust fabricator for a new catalytic converter, then to the dyno.

I'l put pictures up when I can find a new place to host them
    WAS
    01 Triumph TT600

NOW

awesome to revive this coby

let me know if you needs any ABY oem bits and bobs that i may have lying around, if you can use them (ie. flywheel, clutch, brakes, turbo, cams etc)
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.