Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealership & pricing story - bmw sydney

Default Dealership & pricing story - bmw sydney

A friend of mine looking to buy a 523i demo last month and after looking around for one, he made an offer for one at bmw sydney rushcutters bay (RB). This car was advertised for 82K then, and he made an offer for 75K cash and ready to go basically. RB did not accept his offer and he moved on..

Found another car at bmw sydney north shore artarmon (NS), comparable Kms (11K vs 13K), same year, and this one was a space grey. Option-wise pretty much stock with M-kit and sunroof, hence both car are similar apart from option. NS advertised this car for 80K, and again he made an offer for 75K, which got accepted and he got the car.:)

Now, a month after, RB's car is still available and what surprised me is that now it's advertised at 74K!! RB should have taken the offer made last time, and would have got his stock moving. Seems like the salesperson was not motivated enough to sell when the offer was made.. haha..

Current:
    '06 IS250 with the goodies ::

Past:
    '04 B6 A4 with cosmetics surgery :: (never a CVT again)

In saying that your friend could of got the RB one for 70K, so in effect both parties have lost out

Your friend wouldnt be too happy to loose 5K after one month would he
    The Reality: AUDI A4 1.8T - with APR Stage 1

The Dream: AUDI S5

Not necessarily straight forward. The RB car could be on consignment and the owner might not have been keen to drop the price to that level at that time. So the salesman might not have been the cause. But then again, car salesmen are car salesmen - deserve to cop a bagging any time.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 C6 Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

This sort of thing happens every day and you'll also find private sellers doing this as they have their expectations lowered through the course of the selling process.

If they've just traded the car they might start off asking 'top dollar' for it and gradually reduce the price as they get keener to move it (and the market dictates what they're prepared to pay).

A good salesperson would at least keep your details on hand and get in contact when they see the price move lower to where the offer was.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    A good salesperson
    isn't that an oxymoron? :) .. but like any industry which has tangible products, it costs them money everyday that the product sits there, I would be keen to know what % it is in the motor industry, I know in other industries it can cost the company up to 1% of the total value per week for everyday its not sold.
    Previous:
    B5 A4 1.8T
    C5 A6 2.8Q

Current:
    MK5 GTI 2.0T

Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Agree with everyone. Havent told him yet, as whats done is done right? No need to upset him hehe.

I suppose i wont know if rb will sell it for 70k unless i go and make an offer for it... but then i'll have to sell my car which is not an option right now hahaha

6 cyl inline is tempting enough.. Plus the active steering.. Yummm
    Current:

Past:

BMW sales people are a bunch of morons.

I was cross shopping between an Audi S3 and BMW 135i. I went to BMW Parramatta and the moronic sales person i was dealing with didnt give me the time of the day and didnt really take me seriously. Maybe I dont fit that typical up myself typical BMW Yuppy Look there for im considered a time waster by their sales people.

I was trading in my Golf MKV R32 and he either thought i was screwing him around or he just wasnt interested in the sale.

Had he bothered to give me some time and attention I would have bought the BMW 135i right there and then as it suited my needs more than the S3 which was track day usage.

Since he was such an ass i went and bought an S3. Same goes for when i was shopping for a Family Car.

Went to BMW Parra to look at an X5 and 5 Series Touring. Once again sales person didnt take me seriously... didnt bother to give me the time of the day...... so i went off and bought an Audi Q5.

Moral of the story ??? Dont go to BMW Parra ... Such good products with lost sales opportunity due to idiotic sales people. Experience with BMW RushCutters Bay hasnt been that charming either.

I could have been a happy BMW owner..... but instead im a happy Audi owner with two new rides sitting my garage.

Yup, we did go there too, and didnt get taken seriously enough, was told that we've sold all our car last week, you're too late. This was during eofy sale.
    Thank you dear mr salesperson, and this was the used car salesman..

Ns was heaps better, less bs and get straight down to business.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby_jai View Post
    BMW sales people are a bunch of morons.

I was cross shopping between an Audi S3 and BMW 135i. I went to BMW Parramatta and the moronic sales person i was dealing with didnt give me the time of the day and didnt really take me seriously. Maybe I dont fit that typical up myself typical BMW Yuppy Look there for im considered a time waster by their sales people.

I was trading in my Golf MKV R32 and he either thought i was screwing him around or he just wasnt interested in the sale.

Had he bothered to give me some time and attention I would have bought the BMW 135i right there and then as it suited my needs more than the S3 which was track day usage.

Since he was such an ass i went and bought an S3. Same goes for when i was shopping for a Family Car.

Went to BMW Parra to look at an X5 and 5 Series Touring. Once again sales person didnt take me seriously... didnt bother to give me the time of the day...... so i went off and bought an Audi Q5.

Moral of the story ??? Dont go to BMW Parra ... Such good products with lost sales opportunity due to idiotic sales people. Experience with BMW RushCutters Bay hasnt been that charming either.

I could have been a happy BMW owner..... but instead im a happy Audi owner with two new rides sitting my garage.
    Current:

Past:

This is not the most ridiculous thing they (BMW rushcutters bay) have done. Before I bought my 09 TT, I was looking at a used 323i which was advertised at 79900. I basically went in and told them that the Audi salesman was prepared to offer me a brand new TT at 71000 and I will purchase the BMW 323i right away if he could do less than 70000. e.g 69999. The bloody moron told me some bullcrap about BMW being more prestigious than Audi and they don't do such discounts, so I walked away.

4 or 5 weeks later after I bought my TT, I saw the same bloody car advertised for 57000, those morons could have gotten 69999 for the bloody car.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Some one should discretely forward this thread to the people involved....

| GT3076R | ViPec i88 |