Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: window tinting

If your in melbourne and have B&O or any sound package, let me know and i can sort it out for you.

Lol any of you boys with A5's think about the price of replacing your amp in the left hand side of the boot before you think about saving 100 bucks on your tint. Theres a few components that we bag up before it goes for tint.

the problem is it is not a hundred bucks difference, audi doncaster are charging $895!!!

Ahhh... those dealerships prices are amazing! They really do put ridiculous profit margins on their services. Tint a Car in North Melbourne have told me they do a lot of work for Melbourne Audi which is just a few k's away.

This company recently quoted me $290 to tint my Avant which I will go ahead with shortly. That's the retail price offered to me when I walked in off the street. No doubt the dealerships would do much better than that.
    John.
    MY10 A4 Avant, Ibis White, 2.0 TFSI Quattro, S tronic, Sunroof, S Line, Keyless, Sat. Nav. & Rev. Cam. (SOLD) MY17 AMG C43 coupe

Default Tinting

I asked the dealership if they could do a better price they said yes $695, this is $400 more, now on the sum of it I feel more comfortable going to the dealership but I dont like to be blatantly ripped off ie pay more than 200% than the cost price.

I have spoken to Tint A Car Nth Melbourne and he did confirm the other week he does do Audi Melbourne, the question is does Audi do anything preperation wise before the car goes to the tinters to ensure it is protected.

A5's require the amp, in the left side of the boot(as already detailed), to be removed and the fuses in the right side to be covered up.

I need to find a tint place that will tint behind my seals. Suggestions?

8. Default

I have an A5 cabriolet I bought this week and the existing tint has bad scratches in it so will need replacing. Whatís all the fuss about the B & O as I have that and donít understand why tint which is nowhere the amp in the boot has any bearing. If north melb tiny a car is good Iíll go there. Audi city and Audi Richmond use house of tint who scratched the crap out of my Skoda as a brand new car and charged my a fortune to do it so not going anywhere near them.

Do what I do and remove everything your self. Complete understand where ya coming from I use to work at a tint shop years ago and time is money, if they have no idear they just rip it off. Most places will have replacement fittings and such but still you want that panel to come off smoothly.
    So just take it off y out r self before sending it to them. Also itís sometimes cheeper Because all they have to do is apply the tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Default

I still donít get the talk about removing the amp etc. why would this be needed itís in the boot away from all the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk