Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: window tinting

Default window tinting

hey guys,

Im looking at getting the A5 tinted on Tuesday, and Im a little worried that they might damage something whilst trying to get to the bottem of the windows. Im pretty sure they havent done an A5 before, but the owner said they have done a few vw's.
    The company im looking at is Tint a Car in west Heidelberg.

Has anyone had any probs with tinting in the passed that I should be worried about?

I've never dealt with the Tint-a-Car in West Heidelberg but have had some dealings with the Tint-a-Car in North Melbourne and can recommend them.

They do plenty of work for the prestige dealers (Audi, Benz etc) and will know what they're doing.

the best thing you can do .. is rock up to your audi dealer where you purchased the car from and ask them WHAT dealer they take their cars to, to get tints fitted.

:) that way you'll know for a fact that the tinter you pick has done audi's before :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I've never dealt with the Tint-a-Car in West Heidelberg but have had some dealings with the Tint-a-Car in North Melbourne and can recommend them.

They do plenty of work for the prestige dealers (Audi, Benz etc) and will know what they're doing.
    Im pretty sure ACM use the North Melbourne one

every car is different, but as long as your tinter is reputable you wont have an issue with door trim removal, i used a backyarder to do mine, he works in a tinter company during the week and books in privates on weekends, his work is immaculate, although on first impressions you would be skeptical. Most backyarders do it as cash on the side and for the 170 i paid, awesome value ...tint he used was from the USA and fiully metallized.

Yep - another +1 for North Melbourne.

Had my car done their - car came up a treat.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post

2010 Audi TTRS. Daytona Grey. Now for sale (link)
    2014 Audi S3 Sedan (On it's way) - Monsoon Grey

I used Tint-A-Car in Doncaster, came up purrrfect.
    Diablo
    2001 S3 - Oettinger Chip - BMC CDA - Forge FMIC, Brembo GTs, APR DV, APR Compressor Inlet Hose, APR Throttle Body Hoses

Default Audi Tint

Has anyone had their A5 with B&O tinted yet? I am finding it ridiculous to pay the price Audi are quoting but I dont want to risk damaging the B&O and compartively speaking the price Audi are quoting is going to be far cheaper than replacing the speakers? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RobAde View Post
    Has anyone had their A5 with B&O tinted yet? I am finding it ridiculous to pay the price Audi are quoting but I dont want to risk damaging the B&O and compartively speaking the price Audi are quoting is going to be far cheaper than replacing the speakers? Thoughts?
    As earlier posts indicate, try to sneakily find out who does tint for the local Audi dealer and get it done there for half the price!
    My Q5 has B&O and mine was done by Tintacar in North Melbourne with no issues. I'm not sure if the A5 B&O is any different?

If the speakers get wrecked whilst having tint done, if it was my car, I wouldn't be paying for jack$hit, tint included!
    Don't stress, get it done where they offer a good price, has good warranty and seem like they know what they're doing.
    MY2010 3.0l TDi Q5 in Ibis White
    Panoramic Roof-Xenons-Sat Nav-Kufatec Modded Automatic Electric Tailgate-Factory Alarm-Heated/Chilled Cupholders-Sports Seats (Fine Nappa)-20" 5 Arm Wheels-Memory seat/Mirrors-Storage Package-Single Colour Paint-Tyre Pressure Monitoring-Parking System Advanced (Camera)-Bang and Olufsen Sound-Ghetto Tint-Diesel Power Module-Buttons-Handles-Stuff-Twin Overhead Clitorical Valves-

I drove past Tint-a-Car in North Melbourne early Saturday morning. They were offering 20% off selective/popular (one of those, from memory) tints. Boldly written across one of their windows.

I guess this applies to cars - it might be worthwhile enquiring about it.
    2003 Audi A3T