Thread: S3 replacement brakes & servicing

Default S3 replacement brakes & servicing

Hi Folks,

I would appreciate a bit of advice on my 60k service (Its a 2007 S3). What should I expect to pay (I've been quoted $1,200 by the dealer)?

No work has been done to the brakes yet, although I do have the annoying low speed squeal, as discussed by other forum members. I strongly suspect that I will need pads and discs all round at further cost ($2,000 by dealer). Is there a better option than OEM that is not going to break the bank.

I intend on keeping the car another eighteen months so I want to look after it, but without giving money away to the dealer/service garage. I'm in Brisbane and did see Michael Weber recommendations so I have asked him for a quote.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Al

You've alreay answered your own question....

Michael Weber will do a log book service for considerably less than ACB. I have my A3TQ serviced there (in fact it will be in on Friday for it's 75K service). My 60K service last year was approx 2/3rds of your quote.

Get them to check you brakes at the same time.....may not be as much work required as you think.
    Last edited by kiwimeat; October 13th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
    Cheers Aaron
    Driving:- Audi S1 Sportback MY15 (Vegas Yellow) - Quattro Pack2 (mods begin shortly)
    Previously:- Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic MY10 (Brilliant Red) - APR Stage I, HP DSG Tune
    RIP 2006 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro (Brilliant Red), APR Stage II, APR TBE, Oettinger Body Kit, S3 18" Titanium Alloys, RNS-E