Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big probleMs with my audi

Why would you think the car had no back pressure? Has the exhaust fallen off.. from the back of the turbo?

What engine is it? What model is it? Ect, ect.

Is the idle stable, is it losing any fluids, is it only in gear and not in neutral?

Default Vagcom

G'day mate,

Nah it won't be the exhaust. If it was the exhaust it would be rattling like crazy. If you have a mate with a battery charger, charge your battery or buy a charger from Super cheap for like $20.

The spluttering might be the computer getting confused with the air/fuel ratios etc. IE could be the MAF or ICM.

If your based in Brisbane I can hook up my VAGCOM and check the codes for ya or ring a mobile mechanic to run some diagnostics.

Whats the year, model and engine displacement. With the dollar, ECS is the US is cheap with required parts and freight.

Cheers,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lafranchi View Post
    Na no smoke but my battery has been dying lately and hav flooded my engine a bit tryin to start it. And when i rev it on idle it gurgles and has a quiet craklin sound like theres a hole plus i think its got no balls caus eof no back pressure wat u rekon,? Cheers mate

Default ECS link...

G'day mate,

Link to ECS website. Coil packs etc. are cheap.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-...gine/Ignition/

Cheers,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by mraudia4 View Post
    G'day mate,

Nah it won't be the exhaust. If it was the exhaust it would be rattling like crazy. If you have a mate with a battery charger, charge your battery or buy a charger from Super cheap for like $20.

The spluttering might be the computer getting confused with the air/fuel ratios etc. IE could be the MAF or ICM.

If your based in Brisbane I can hook up my VAGCOM and check the codes for ya or ring a mobile mechanic to run some diagnostics.

Whats the year, model and engine displacement. With the dollar, ECS is the US is cheap with required parts and freight.

Cheers,
    Luke

There was a recall on the coil packs as everyone here probably knows but I believe you might be able to scam them for free from Audi. I took my B7 into an Audi dealership last week for transmission issues and they said they would replace the coils free of charge if the car was one of the affected models, lucky for me it turned out not to be one of the affected models.
    Daily Driver - Audi A4 2L Turbo Quattro
    Off The Road - 350HP Zero-One Concept
    Track Car - Stuart Taylor Blade
    Project - Ford GT40 Replica

You can't scam the coils. The coil pack part #'s are checked and if they are one of the numbers designated for replacement, then it is done. But it is definalty worth calling up to ask about.

Yes, by scam I mean acquire them free of charge if your car falls into their replacement catagorie not the dodgy type of scam, as in tell them a bunch of lies to try to con them into it.
    Daily Driver - Audi A4 2L Turbo Quattro
    Off The Road - 350HP Zero-One Concept
    Track Car - Stuart Taylor Blade
    Project - Ford GT40 Replica

Haha funny younshould say that because now my exhaust is rattling like **** and is doin my head in and just chugging on idol although my battery has beeen playin up massively lately any more thoughts thanks again ur proving to be an awesome help ?:)

No still attatched at present :) its just that it has lost a lot of power and feels like It has engine brakes on and now the exhaust is rattling lke ****, pretty sure it is not turbo as it struggles on idle the exhaust is now rattling and shaking just on idle let alone through exheleration any ideas lol ? X

90% chance it will be the coils. Everything is most likely in your head. The exhaust "chug", will be from the misfire.

How much work is needed to go into replacing them, sounds like tis a pretty common problem lol?