Thread: Noobest of the noobies......

Default Noobest of the noobies......

Hi all,

This is the first i've ever posted to anything!!

I just bought my first Audi, an A4 B6 2003 Quattro 1.8T.

Had the APR Stage 1 software flashed in and car rocks.....

But i think my coil packs have gone, only had the car for 3weeks, hopefully this isn't the start of a nightmare.

Peace out
    the cuban
    do what thou wilt

Audi A4 B6 Quattro 1.8T 2003, APR Software, work in progress. | Ducati 1098S 2007 Termignoni slip ons.|Triumph Daytona 675 2007 Jardine RT-10 Slip on

coil packs are a common thing to die when you get a chip (from anybody)... as it places a bit more load on the car that you would have normally had...

Most of the time it's best to replace all 4.... Keep the old ones (the ones that aren't mibehaving yet) as spares

Haha welcome mate,
    im in the exact same position as you.
    just bought an 03 1.8L quattro aswell.. ive had mine for two days and makes me smile just seeing it.
    whered you pick yours up from and where abouts are you?

did you have the car before the chip?
    if so, how much of a change did you notice?

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    coil packs are a common thing to die when you get a chip (from anybody)... as it places a bit more load on the car that you would have normally had...

Most of the time it's best to replace all 4.... Keep the old ones (the ones that aren't mibehaving yet) as spares
    thanks for the heads up jnrdavo...
    the cuban
    do what thou wilt

Audi A4 B6 Quattro 1.8T 2003, APR Software, work in progress. | Ducati 1098S 2007 Termignoni slip ons.|Triumph Daytona 675 2007 Jardine RT-10 Slip on

Quote Originally Posted by beauhayden View Post
    Haha welcome mate,
    im in the exact same position as you.
    just bought an 03 1.8L quattro aswell.. ive had mine for two days and makes me smile just seeing it.
    whered you pick yours up from and where abouts are you?

did you have the car before the chip?
    if so, how much of a change did you notice?
    welcome to you too dude....

i got mine from some broker in south melbourne. I live in greenvale (near the airport) but i spend most of my time in south and port mebourne.

How about you?

The car was stock when i bought it, it generally is a pretty quick car.

However once i got the APR Stage 1 software flashed in... my god i didn't realise it would make such a difference. You just gotta do it!!!!
    the cuban
    do what thou wilt

Quote Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
    welcome to you too dude....

i got mine from some broker in south melbourne. I live in greenvale (near the airport) but i spend most of my time in south and port mebourne.

How about you?

The car was stock when i bought it, it generally is a pretty quick car.

However once i got the APR Stage 1 software flashed in... my god i didn't realise it would make such a difference. You just gotta do it!!!!

Ahh yeah i dont know Melbourne that well
    i got mine from Sydney but i live in Canberra

Yeahhh i do plan on it actually, from your reaction it seems i need to get on that sooner rather then later
    Lookin forward to it.

thanks man.

What else are you planning to ze car?
    the cuban
    do what thou wilt

um not much for about a month really.. i have so much stuff on this month including a pno cruise and my 21st so i kinda have to sort that out first.
    but im thinking probably an exhause and a chip will happen first.. then from there who knows really.
    what have you got in mind for yours?

do u have any photos of it?

i'm planning on taking pics soon once the weather starts to clear up if it clears up.

i'll post pics as soon as i can.....

Does anyone know of a good exhaust system to put on the A4 B6 2003?

- Remus?
    - Millitek?
    the cuban
    do what thou wilt

depends on the sound you want. if you want to keep it stock quiet but get better performance, drop a test pipe or high flow cat in it (will bolt up to stock exhaust). But for a full exhaust id suggest Nuespeed or Miltek