Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Magazine - Hot Tuner Challenge Teaser

Cool Motor Magazine - Hot Tuner Challenge Teaser

Sneak peak of DNA Performance's S5

Motor Magazine promotional video with the S5 launching for the 1/4 mile with Warren Luff behind the wheel: http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/video/ (sorry no direct link).

And in the motorkhana event, with Steven Richards behind the wheel.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew@DNA For This Useful Post:

Aussie Audi Guy (August 9th, 2011)

Looks the goods!

Will be interesting to see the article to see what the reviews thought of it.

Still Waiting for my mag to arrive in the mail!!!!!!!!!

umm ahhh, that looks very naughty!
    B7 RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade, JHM quickshifter, Milltek catback exhaust, Milltek 100 cell downpipes, JHM lightweight Clutch, Argon CF Splitters, KW V3 Coilovers.

got my copy in the mail today!!!! interesting read to say the least!

dont want to repeat what we ALL READY KNOW...damn the GTR is hellish fast!!! OMG fast!!! so fast!!! 350rwkw with a flash tune and mid pipe.......

yes you need to be a gazzilllionaireeee to keep one running but wow...............

Forged wheels / Apr custom tune / custom exhaust / KW V 3 / AM Staff Alarm fitted /

Had a read through, and it's all very impressive, but...

...who are City Performance kidding, with shoehorning an R36 motor into an R32 (which I can sort of appreciate) ...AND putting an R32 engine and driveline into a Golf wagon? Power and performance aside, are these REALLY ADR compliant and road-registerable?

It seems to me the rules for this challenge are all over the place, allowing some entrants almost literally to drive a Mack truck through them.

Surely the key point of a "Tuner Challenge" is to show what can be done to off-the-shelf cars in relation to performance and handling, while still ensuring they remain legal for registration and ADR purposes?

I'm not knocking the hard work that has gone into this, but it seems to me that unless there is some clarity about the rules, the "challenge" is pretty pointless. First clear rule should be "no engine/transmission transplants" -- that's a custom car building challenge!

What do others think?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post

...who are City Performance kidding, with shoehorning an R36 motor into an R32 (which I can sort of appreciate) ...AND putting an R32 engine and driveline into a Golf wagon? Power and performance aside, are these REALLY ADR compliant and road-registerable?

It seems to me the rules for this challenge are all over the place, allowing some entrants almost literally to drive a Mack truck through them.

Surely the key point of a "Tuner Challenge" is to show what can be done to off-the-shelf cars in relation to performance and handling, while still ensuring they remain legal for registration and ADR purposes?

I'm not knocking the hard work that has gone into this, but it seems to me that unless there is some clarity about the rules, the "challenge" is pretty pointless. First clear rule should be "no engine/transmission transplants" -- that's a custom car building challenge!

What do others think?
    Agree with you 100% on this. Its really Motor's fault for not clarifying the rules.

However I think City Performance are a bunch of incredibly talented people, tuning out cars like this. Good on them for showcasing these beasts, but in terms of this Tuner's Challenge, the line must be drawn somewhere....
    RSQ3 | Glacier White | Assistance Package

SOLD
    MY12 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TQ | Ibis White | S-Line | 19" titanium | Adaptive Dampers | B&O | Open Skyroof
    SOLD A3 2.0T | DSG | Moro Blue | Nappa Leather | Roof Rails | RNS-E | APR Stage II+ | Votex kit | 18" Pro Race 1.2 | PSS10
    SOLD B6 A4 1.8T CVT | APR Stage 1+ | Carbonio CAI | Xenons | Akoya Silver
    A3 8P PARTS FS

I agree Tim,

the rules were pretty "loose" this year - I think they struggled for some entrants at the last minute too. Hopefully they will clean it up for 2012!

I wonder what the motivation is for workshops like City Performance in having their cars in the shootout - sure, it generates profile for their businesses but it's not like they're selling an off the shelf product in volumes and there would only be a very small portion of Motor's readership base that would want to go to such extreme lengths modifying their car.

I can very clearly see the motivation for the likes of APR, Evolve/Fitzgerald Racing etc who off the back off such reviews could generate a reasonable amount of business in selling tunes/flashes, exhausts, intercoolers etc, but the average Golf R32 owner won't be banging down City Performance's door to transplant an R36 engine...