Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 TFSI Engine Oil Consumption

Ofcourse you will pay for all the labour and consumables if the oil consumption is within tolerance... Who else would pay for it?

To be honest, half-a-litre of oil consumption per 1000 kms is still outrageous consumption.

I've run other marques that have burnt oil, but never within that parameter.

It's the only thing that has taken the gloss off purchasing an Audi, as on all other fronts, it's been brilliant.

Shame Audi Australia don't provide a mandatory fix for those cars marginally outside the specified "normal operating tolerance".

I received a email from Klaus today. Firstly he apologized for the treatment when I and my wife were at Audi yesterday which was much appreciated. He also explained that the car is booked now for also a software update,fit modified engine ventilation valve and crank seal. Then test if that decreases the oil consumption.

I appreciate that he took the time to personally contact me about this issue and addressed our customer experience.

I will keep everyone updated on my the cars progress.

Cheers
    Duma
    2005 Audi A4 B6 1.8T Quattro (old )
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0TSI Quattro Sline ( old )
    2010 Audi A5 2.0TSI Quattro Sline S-tronic (old)
    2013 Audi A5 2.0TSI Quattro Sline S-tronic Sportsback (old)
    2016 Audi RS3 2.5TSI Quattro

Good to hear Duma - hopefully your experience improves from here-in.

Duma, I had previously been a customer at Audi Doncaster for over 7 years and seriously their service, especially in the car servicing area over the last 2-3 years has been horrible. I would recommend you go elsewhere...

As a Update, car in service today had the software update,fit modified engine ventilation valve and crank seal installed. Have 1000km/s to do now and then back to check consumption. I hope this decreases the trips to top up. I had good service today from Doncaster Audi. Will update once the consumption test is done ( 14th October ).

cheers

Duma

Hi All,
    Final update - car completed it's 1000km/s and went in today for the final check. It achieved 0.31 litre/1000kms. So if you have a 2.0T that is burning around 400/500ml of Oil per 1000km/s, get into Audi and talk to them about this process. Previously over 1000km/s the MMI would report half gone, but it has not gone off full since they completed the first stage of the consumption test. The 1000 km/s is part city driving, freeway driving and some "spirited" driving ( BTW, highly recommend Port Phillip Estate for lunch and then some fun on the Rosebud-Flinders Road ).

I would suspect they would of rolled this fix out to all newer 2.0T's so the oil consumption issues appear to be resolved. ( I can prove this or anything, but I certainly hope that thi i s the case and any new owners coming into the A5 platform will be spared this issue ).

So no further issues at this time :)

Cheers
    Duma

Interesting comments Duma about Sasha - there is no other way to put it, that guy is a tool... I noticed oil leaking on my Q5s undertray and I called up with some concern obviously as something went. The response i got from Sasha - well at this stage we cant look at the car until the 25th of October so I will book you in for then...!

I kindly reminded him that THERE IS OIL LEAKING OUT OF SOMETHING ON MY CAR so what am i meant to do between now and then - and i think he finally got it so i managed to get down there the same day for a look

While i was there getting it looked at, i asked about the oil consumption issue (my car hasnt had an issue yet FYI) and he said if the oil drops low to call up and book an appointment, as they only do everything by appointment, including topups. At this point I was ready to go off my rocker at this bloke...

Luckily some other guy was there ( it could have been the service manager) and he basically overheard our conversation and took over the investigation on the car himself with the mechanics, and found that i had 2 faulty o rings in a transmission line and they needed to be replaced. They couldnt do it on the spot but he organised a car for us to drive away with until they could get the part and fix it. Man god help any customer going to that dealership though if this Sasha bloke is dealing with you or diagnosing your problems - i got lucky in that this other guy knew his stuff inside out
    Am considering moving all my servicing to ACM from now on - nobody should be treated with such indifference after most of us drop $70+K on cars with them...
    2018 Audi S3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | S Performance Pack | Assistance Pack | Audi Design Selection | Sunroof | Black Optics | Exterior Mirror Pack
    2018 BMW M3 Competition ... Heavily Modified!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    Am considering moving all my servicing to ACM from now on
    Based on my experience there I'm not sure you'll find ACM to be any improvement...

IMO there is a only two Melbourne metro dealers worth visiting on the service side and ACM is not one of them.

I have got my oil consumption stage 1 test done with audi.

Remove & Replaced Breather Valve, crank seal and crank bolt tested OK

Replaced Seperator
    Cam Seal
    Screw

Hoping now my oil consumption issue will be fine.

Have just done 1000kms and reads on the dash approx seems to have burnt 200ml from max.
    Previously without the fix, i probably would be low at 1/4 from MIN at 1000kms
    Seems to have made a dramatic difference thus far.

Booked in for tuesday and will report back on their final measurement of oil consumption.

Hope this helps other owners of 2.0T engines