Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: All things wheels

  1. #1

    Default All things wheels

    Hi all,

    Can't find any dedicated threads for A5/S5 wheels so thought I'd start one. Feel free to discuss all things wheel related. I.e:
    -Pics of members cars with OEM/aftermarket wheels including details on wheels and tyre,
    -Dealers in capital cities stocking OEM replicas,
    -Experience with importing wheels
    -Anything 'wheely' relevant.

    My motivation for this thread is my search for 19" 5-arm rotors in the RS5 style. Check the pic. Price of these from OEM around Sydney are $1700 EACH!
    So far I've found dealers in the US selling replicas for $1600AUD incl. freight but I'm worried about their offset ET35 and a dealer in the UK selling OEM at around $4750AUD incl. freight. If anyone wants to know who the dealers are PM as I don't think I can say publicly?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Previous:
    S5 MY10 6MT
    |2012 facelift | OEM RS5 steering wheel | APR Stage III S.C. | APR Carbonio CF intake | APR RSC cat back exhaust | OEM RS5 Brembo brakes | Ohlins suspension NB: purchased with mods.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melb - East Suburbs
    Posts
    1,384
    Thanked: 44

    Default

    What's your motivation for going 19's?
    Meteor Grey S5 4.2M: Magma Red Interior; AWE Downpipes; Milltek Exhaust; KW Adjustable Height Coilovers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    62
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    For what its worth I wanted to get some 20" inch silver rotors for my RS5. Audi quoted me $10,800, I rang a mate in the US and asked him what his Audi dealership charged - $2,900 for 4 for OEM.... yes we get seriously screwed.

    I got them to sent them to my hotel and took them back as checked luggage. Customs charged me around $300 as you get no exemption on auto parts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    MELBOURNE
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanked: 52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demiliam View Post
    Hi all,

    Can't find any dedicated threads for A5/S5 wheels so thought I'd start one. Feel free to discuss all things wheel related. I.e:
    -Pics of members cars with OEM/aftermarket wheels including details on wheels and tyre,
    -Dealers in capital cities stocking OEM replicas,
    -Experience with importing wheels
    -Anything 'wheely' relevant.

    My motivation for this thread is my search for 19" 5-arm rotors in the RS5 style. Check the pic. Price of these from OEM around Sydney are $1700 EACH!
    So far I've found dealers in the US selling replicas for $1600AUD incl. freight but I'm worried about their offset ET35 and a dealer in the UK selling OEM at around $4750AUD incl. freight. If anyone wants to know who the dealers are PM as I don't think I can say publicly?
    Take it from me, before you pay for anything, ask for a side profile shot of the wheels.
    i made the same mistake over two years ago and bought the TTRS wheels which look almost the same as the RS5, but they are NOT concave. I'm still yet to see actual RS5 reps.

    -Contact user advantgarde64 who bought a set of 19" OEMs RS5 from a guy overseas for his A5
    -Contact user d-train who bought a set of 20" OEMs RS5 from a dealer in Ireland(?) for his A5 Sportback

    Heres a pic with what they look like on mine (TTRS reps), but I ran spacers back then.
    These were 19x8 ET35 + 15f & 20r spacers


    Last edited by homer123456; July 24th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanked: 106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattyK View Post
    What's your motivation for going 19's?
    Exactly. 20"s at least

  6. #6

    Default

    I might sell the genuine 20x9 titanium 20" rs5 rotors off my rs5 within the next couple of weeks
    What now?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    559
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    You can get them delivered with Michelin Super Sports for around $4k, reps in a 20 x 9 + 29 will set you back about 1300 - 1500 plus tyres although I have not seen them in person.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newcastle NSW Australia
    Posts
    313
    Thanked: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdzy88 View Post
    I might sell the genuine 20x9 titanium 20" rs5 rotors off my rs5 within the next couple of weeks
    i might be interested in buying those whells to go on our Q5
    I think they will fit??
    Q5 MY14 Quattro 3.0TDI 7 speed S Tronic Ibis white B&O
    Renault 250 Cup

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanked: 106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    i might be interested in buying those whells to go on our Q5
    I think they will fit??
    They will fit Peter, but it'll look really good if you lower the car a bit. Otherwise I reckon it's going to look "pokey" and on stilts.

  10. #10

    Default

    Not really, mum and dad have a SQ5 on 21's, and they look too big, but the profile of the car is just right, i reckon 20's would look good.

    Sold a set of 20's in 2008 to a guy with a white q5, who reckoned they looked just right.
    What now?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •