Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All things wheels

Default All things wheels

Hi all,

Can't find any dedicated threads for A5/S5 wheels so thought I'd start one. Feel free to discuss all things wheel related. I.e:
    -Pics of members cars with OEM/aftermarket wheels including details on wheels and tyre,
    -Dealers in capital cities stocking OEM replicas,
    -Experience with importing wheels
    -Anything 'wheely' relevant.

My motivation for this thread is my search for 19" 5-arm rotors in the RS5 style. Check the pic. Price of these from OEM around Sydney are $1700 EACH!
    So far I've found dealers in the US selling replicas for $1600AUD incl. freight but I'm worried about their offset ET35 and a dealer in the UK selling OEM at around $4750AUD incl. freight. If anyone wants to know who the dealers are PM as I don't think I can say publicly?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Previous:
    S5 MY10 6MT
    |2012 facelift | OEM RS5 steering wheel | APR Stage III S.C. | APR Carbonio CF intake | APR RSC cat back exhaust | OEM RS5 Brembo brakes | Ohlins suspension NB: purchased with mods.

What's your motivation for going 19's?
    Meteor Grey S5 4.2M: Magma Red Interior; AWE Downpipes; Milltek Exhaust; KW Adjustable Height Coilovers

For what its worth I wanted to get some 20" inch silver rotors for my RS5. Audi quoted me $10,800, I rang a mate in the US and asked him what his Audi dealership charged - $2,900 for 4 for OEM.... yes we get seriously screwed.

I got them to sent them to my hotel and took them back as checked luggage. Customs charged me around $300 as you get no exemption on auto parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiliam View Post
    Hi all,

Can't find any dedicated threads for A5/S5 wheels so thought I'd start one. Feel free to discuss all things wheel related. I.e:
    -Pics of members cars with OEM/aftermarket wheels including details on wheels and tyre,
    -Dealers in capital cities stocking OEM replicas,
    -Experience with importing wheels
    -Anything 'wheely' relevant.

My motivation for this thread is my search for 19" 5-arm rotors in the RS5 style. Check the pic. Price of these from OEM around Sydney are $1700 EACH!
    So far I've found dealers in the US selling replicas for $1600AUD incl. freight but I'm worried about their offset ET35 and a dealer in the UK selling OEM at around $4750AUD incl. freight. If anyone wants to know who the dealers are PM as I don't think I can say publicly?
    Take it from me, before you pay for anything, ask for a side profile shot of the wheels.
    i made the same mistake over two years ago and bought the TTRS wheels which look almost the same as the RS5, but they are NOT concave. I'm still yet to see actual RS5 reps.

-Contact user advantgarde64 who bought a set of 19" OEMs RS5 from a guy overseas for his A5
    -Contact user d-train who bought a set of 20" OEMs RS5 from a dealer in Ireland(?) for his A5 Sportback

Heres a pic with what they look like on mine (TTRS reps), but I ran spacers back then.
    These were 19x8 ET35 + 15f & 20r spacers

Last edited by homer123456; July 24th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyK View Post
    What's your motivation for going 19's?
    Exactly. 20"s at least

I might sell the genuine 20x9 titanium 20" rs5 rotors off my rs5 within the next couple of weeks
    What now?

You can get them delivered with Michelin Super Sports for around $4k, reps in a 20 x 9 + 29 will set you back about 1300 - 1500 plus tyres although I have not seen them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by bdzy88 View Post
    I might sell the genuine 20x9 titanium 20" rs5 rotors off my rs5 within the next couple of weeks
    i might be interested in buying those whells to go on our Q5
    I think they will fit??
    Q5 MY14 Quattro 3.0TDI 7 speed S Tronic Ibis white B&O
    Renault 250 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    i might be interested in buying those whells to go on our Q5
    I think they will fit??
    They will fit Peter, but it'll look really good if you lower the car a bit. Otherwise I reckon it's going to look "pokey" and on stilts.

Not really, mum and dad have a SQ5 on 21's, and they look too big, but the profile of the car is just right, i reckon 20's would look good.

Sold a set of 20's in 2008 to a guy with a white q5, who reckoned they looked just right.
    What now?