Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

1. Default

Congrats mate. 1000hp street driven is in a lot of rev heads bucket list.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

momento1 (June 18th, 2018)

I think you will be much happier with the tilton twin. Should have much less inertia than the full face sprung metallic disc you had before. Your syncros will love you for it.
    Good luck with the 1000hp goal!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

momento1 (July 9th, 2018)

5. Default

Any updates mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I think you will be much happier with the tilton twin. Should have much less inertia than the full face sprung metallic disc you had before. Your syncros will love you for it.
    Good luck with the 1000hp goal!
    thats very reassuring!

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    Any updates mate?
    mate its been very frustrating.
    Ive had nothing but minor problem after problem with the gearsets working. The most current issue is the new input shaft rear thread to bolt to the housing was all ****ty and threaded. Must have been an oversight in the machining process.

anyway, fast forward, a new input shaft had to be sent out (lucky PAR Engineering had a spare 26 spline on his shelf, which should be arriving today i hope. Then this new shaft will need to have the isotrophic finish done again, and then hopefully finally bolted back together and on a pallet to me by Friday.

Its been a crazy delay, all based on very small minor clearance issues and minor bearings being unavailable locally.

Unfortunately most of things are not known until you are actually bolting up the gearbox together. Only then do you find the issues.!

Im hoping thats the worst of it
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r + E85 = 500kw atw (More power...coming soon)

- Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black Crystal Effect - Red Leather

Past:
    - AUDI S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - AUDI S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Default PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

Ok big update guys

Here is another photo of the input shaft damage from the bearing failure which in turn cause a domino of failures to the guide sleeve, then flywheel circlip bearing and last the clutch due to oil spray on to clutch from gearbox

But after all that car is now all back together

Peak-a-boo Wastegate screamer pipe

And the new 1000hp turbo strapped into position and new eboost2 wired up

Just waiting on new brake rotors cause the old ones were toasted from lots of hard braking after racing due to limited slow down track at top end

Hopefully on the dyno by mid next week.
    Aiming for 750whp (near enough to a 1000hp engine)
    Last edited by momento1; August 31st, 2018 at 05:45 AM.
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r + E85 = 500kw atw (More power...coming soon)

Past:
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Whats that saying, "happy endings". The first few pics were dismal and then life gets better. You must be getting close to the ragged edge. Fingers crossed for a good result.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

momento1 (August 30th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Whats that saying, "happy endings". The first few pics were dismal and then life gets better. You must be getting close to the ragged edge. Fingers crossed for a good result.
    you are not half wrong there. This current period the car has been off the road has been the most stressful over any process throughout the build.
    Even more stressful then when i sheared the cam pulley bolt and bent 2 valves. That was a walk in the park compared to the gearbox rebuild!!

But yes the "happy ending" is coming... ummm yeah.. you know what i mean...
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

11. Default

With great power comes great sacrifice lol. Looking good mate, what days you on the dyno? I'm in Sydney next week and wouldn't mind catching a peek.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

momento1 (August 31st, 2018)

Blog Entries

love the old saying, something along the lines of:

"You can have any of the two only:
    1. reliable
    2. cheap
    3. fast"

I love your commitment (and your presumably empty bank balance) in this endeavour.

I've had to shed some money on my car in the pursuit for more power and I know how much it's hurt me over the years. I dread (and respect!) what you have had to shell out.

But, at the end of the day (for me), it's my passion. I don't spend money on much other stuff and my car makes me smile almost every time I'm in it..

Having a fantastic wife, also helps the process!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

momento1 (August 31st, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    With great power comes great sacrifice lol. Looking good mate, what days you on the dyno? I'm in Sydney next week and wouldn't mind catching a peek.
    Rotors actually arrived and were installed late last night so car is off the hoist finally!! Yay!

Dyno could be as early as today or tomorrow now.
    Keep you all posted
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw