Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

1. Default

Congrats mate. 1000hp street driven is in a lot of rev heads bucket list.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

momento1 (June 18th, 2018)

I think you will be much happier with the tilton twin. Should have much less inertia than the full face sprung metallic disc you had before. Your syncros will love you for it.
    Good luck with the 1000hp goal!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

momento1 (July 9th, 2018)

5. Default

Any updates mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I think you will be much happier with the tilton twin. Should have much less inertia than the full face sprung metallic disc you had before. Your syncros will love you for it.
    Good luck with the 1000hp goal!
    thats very reassuring!

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    Any updates mate?
    mate its been very frustrating.
    Ive had nothing but minor problem after problem with the gearsets working. The most current issue is the new input shaft rear thread to bolt to the housing was all ****ty and threaded. Must have been an oversight in the machining process.

anyway, fast forward, a new input shaft had to be sent out (lucky PAR Engineering had a spare 26 spline on his shelf, which should be arriving today i hope. Then this new shaft will need to have the isotrophic finish done again, and then hopefully finally bolted back together and on a pallet to me by Friday.

Its been a crazy delay, all based on very small minor clearance issues and minor bearings being unavailable locally.

Unfortunately most of things are not known until you are actually bolting up the gearbox together. Only then do you find the issues.!

Im hoping thats the worst of it
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r + E85 = 500kw atw (More power...coming soon)

- Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black Crystal Effect - Red Leather

Past:
    - AUDI S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - AUDI S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.