Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

Cant be any worse handling coming on than previously. Pretty much the same curve with old turbo.

Boost actually does come on sooner, the graph doesnt show it because of how he loads up the dyno before it starts mapping.
    Below is other examples of how early the boost does potentially come on when he was tuning at different stages.
    So boost onset is very similar to the previous 3582 turbo

Also the lower lines to the right is torque at the wheels.
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 700 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - AUDI S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - AUDI S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Default PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

And here is the correct scaled plot.
    Nice flat power between 6000 to redline.
    Btw redline is actually 8500 he just backs off the throttle when he sees the curve isnt climbing anymore at 7500
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Default PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

Over due update

Currently the car is back in the shop having all unnecessary wiring hoses etc being removed. Simplifying and cleaning up the engine bay, ad also trying to eliminate any points of boost leaks and potential failures for occuring in future.
    Relocated intake temp sensor and installing water meth setup as we were seeing intake temps as high as 55 degrees on high boost. Hopefully bring that down 20degrees min and gain a few more ponies on same boost.

All rubber hose lines and boost lines being changed to solid pipes or braided. Also deleted all boost points off the intake and fitting a plazmaman boost manifold, to feed all the accessories(ie ecu, fuel reg, eboost, bov etc), and just a single -6am fitting off the intake

I have deleted the brake bomb and hydraulic brake and steering pump. Going to vacuum brake booster and electric steering pump. One less belt driven accessory off the crank and more room in the front

Installed aftermarket idle stepper valve as the factory one is prone to failing and cant handle high boost. Solid line tapped into manifold

Installing old school style 7a cam cover (photo below is not my car but thats the look im going for)

I will then have the turbo housing, cam cover, intake manifold, all hard boost pipes, oil catch can/breather and radiator sent away to be all colour coded. Going for a satin black theme engine bay.
    Also waiting on a carbon strut brace

It will look really tidy once complete.

And if all that wasnt enough, straight after the engine bay is done i am finally fitting the RS2 front bar and respraying the entire car back to showroom condition.
    Ive purchased new lower door trims as the old ones had deteriorated, and i will be colour coding the lower door sills under the rubber trims.

Im getting the car all ready for Race Revolutions in October in Gunnedah. 1/2 mile sprint.
    Last edited by momento1; April 18th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

Nice Update!
    I have been wondering how the new clutch going?

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Nice Update!
    I have been wondering how the new clutch going?
    To be honest Falco i had to get rid of it.
    Completely undriveable on the street.
    It lost all street ability and was not what i wanted so i just went back to my single plate for now until it doesnt hold no more.

At that point i will go custom super single or something.
    In the meantime street driving a roll racing is where im at
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

Quote Originally Posted by momento1 View Post
    To be honest Falco i had to get rid of it.
    Completely undriveable on the street.
    It lost all street ability and was not what i wanted so i just went back to my single plate for now until it doesnt hold no more.

At that point i will go custom super single or something.
    In the meantime street driving a roll racing is where im at
    Thanks for the feed back. Those disks did look very grippy with no cushioning for the drivetrain.
    Im having a really good time with a Ringerracing 850SS. Its their next step up above the stage 4 plus. Basically a converted twin to accept a sprung 216mm single disc. Very drivable for a daily. The steel flywheel is much much quieter than my last aluminum one too.
    Changing gears is very smooth and snappy.

Cant wait to see what she looks like once you fit the body parts and paint her! Might have to head out to see this beast when it hits the track!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

momento1 (April 28th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Thanks for the feed back. Those disks did look very grippy with no cushioning for the drivetrain.
    Im having a really good time with a Ringerracing 850SS. Its their next step up above the stage 4 plus. Basically a converted twin to accept a sprung 216mm single disc. Very drivable for a daily. The steel flywheel is much much quieter than my last aluminum one too.
    Changing gears is very smooth and snappy.

Cant wait to see what she looks like once you fit the body parts and paint her! Might have to head out to see this beast when it hits the track!
    Your clutch sounds like a good idea.
    May have to look into ringer racing when im ready.

Yes definitely once its done i will let you know the next roll racing event im at.
    See you then !
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw