Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Well im pretty happy with the result

560wkw / 760 whp at only 40psi (i want to go up maybe a couple more soon). Thats a 40whp gain from only 1.5psi extra

However i had to turn it down a touch to 38psi because we have a slight issue at that higher boost level now.
    (38psi still produces 540wkw which is a 20kw gain from slightly less boost)

I believe the oem alternator isnt keeping up with the amp demand.
    Does anyone know what amps the standard alternator produces??

Im running more electrics now (such as the water/meth kit and electric power steering) and coupled with the higher power demand we are seeing ignition misfiring up top at 40psi and also fuel supply tapering off, which it never did before.

Are there any direct fit higher output alternators on the market that others are using? Or anyone else experienced this and has a solution?
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Have you thought about a second battery in parallel? Bit more weight but potentially less hassle than locating a compatible alternator and less electrical load sucking up your available HP.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

momento1 (December 7th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Have you thought about a second battery in parallel? Bit more weight but potentially less hassle than locating a compatible alternator and less electrical load sucking up your available HP.
    No havent considered a second battery. Want to avoid the extra weight because i just increase the weight from the water meth tank and pump setup in the boot.

We will be doing testing on the electrics systems in the new year though to confirm.
    For now its detuned slightly to 38psi so i can at least enjoy driving it over the break
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Misfire or spark blow out?

40psi is putting a big amount of air in to the chamber for a stock ignition system to handle....

What fuel pump(s)??

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    | GT3076R | ViPec i88 |

Quote Originally Posted by quattro5v View Post
    Misfire or spark blow out?

40psi is putting a big amount of air in to the chamber for a stock ignition system to handle....

What fuel pump(s)??

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Plugs were re-gapped to confirm it wasnt blow out. So it could very well mean i must go to a stronger spark setup, maybe plasma coils or individual msd

Fuel pumps are twin walbro 460s. I have a felling it may not be getting the full 13.5v to both pump so need to test that also.
    If they are, then we need to check the regulator in case the NUKE pressure reg isnt holding the higher pressure required.

Worst case scenario, to maintain that kind of power, i may need to bite the bullet and go a fuel surge tank and different regulator.
    On top of that i may need to go plasma coils (which are very pricey) or something else.
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

Quote Originally Posted by momento1 View Post
    No havent considered a second battery. Want to avoid the extra weight because i just increase the weight from the water meth tank and pump setup in the boot.

Understand re battery, bigger alternator will be a constant drag on power whether using it or not. I'm with the other guys on some other issue contributing. A drop of 2 psi and 20 whp seems a piddling amount to resolve the symptoms, significant as they are. I guess problems like theses are the penalty for being at the pointy end of the field.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Understand re battery, bigger alternator will be a constant drag on power whether using it or not. I'm with the other guys on some other issue contributing. A drop of 2 psi and 20 whp seems a piddling amount to resolve the symptoms, significant as they are. I guess problems like theses are the penalty for being at the pointy end of the field.
    yeah i will get to the bottom of it one way or another.

in the meantime you are right, at the power levels its achieved, 20kw is not alot in the scheme of things..... but there is a part of me that is itching to see just how good a round 600kw at the wheels feels like. i am only a couple of psi off. 42-43 psi and i should achieve it.
    Current:

Past:
    169 Kw atw

So is that close to 900hp at the crack?

How straight does it pull when all the horses come in when the turbo spools up?

I miss that feeling!!!

Awesome job mate..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

momento1 (December 7th, 2019)

A 2nd battery doesn't fix the problem it just delays the inevitable, if the alternator cant keep up with demand. 1 or 2 batteries makes no difference.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro