Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    So is that close to 900hp at the crack?

How straight does it pull when all the horses come in when the turbo spools up?

I miss that feeling!!!

Awesome job mate..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Surprisingly straight and true... providing the tires hold traction.

It is a great feeling
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tas_Audi View Post
    A 2nd battery doesn't fix the problem it just delays the inevitable, if the alternator cant keep up with demand. 1 or 2 batteries makes no difference.
    Respectively disagree in these circumstances. Runs at 98% with the existing alternator so it seems. 100% apparently needs extra amps to keep the voltage up. How often / for how long does any engine run at 100%. The top 2% of the power band, drag strip or standing 1000 mtrs is about the only time you'd need that 2%, between 8 and 20 seconds perhaps. For those you could run it on battery alone.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Respectively disagree in these circumstances. Runs at 98% with the existing alternator so it seems. 100% apparently needs extra amps to keep the voltage up. How often / for how long does any engine run at 100%. The top 2% of the power band, drag strip or standing 1000 mtrs is about the only time you'd need that 2%, between 8 and 20 seconds perhaps. For those you could run it on battery alone.

Yes agree if you are only doing short duration runs. If that is the case take the alternator out all together and gain some extra kw. Extended duration runs, the alternator needs to be sized adequately.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

What a beast mate. Congratulations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

momento1 (December 9th, 2019)

Just seen a post where they were using a super capacitor to boost available power. This was for some music system where the alternator peak output was suspect and maybe the same principal could apply if it is the alternator output.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

large super capacitor... me like..

Starting to sound a bit like Star Wars.

Or a bit like back to the future...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Now > 99 A4 1.8TQ (silver)
    Handling
    KW V3's | Hotchkies Front and Rear Sways | 320mm Brembo BBK |
    Power
    Garrett GT3076r 52 Trim 0.63 A/R| Haltech PS1000 (custom harness PNP) | Piper Ultimate Road Cams | Scat Rods | JE Pistons | Supertech Valve Set | IE Springs Set | Full Race Ex Mani | Custom Enlarged Intake Mani | 1000cc Inj | Zietronix Flex Fuel Sensor | Treadstone TR18 FMIC

R.I.P > 98 A4 1.8TQ (cactus green)

I think youl find Marco has a 90 amp alternator rather than the Bosch 120 amp

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Default PROJECT: (R)S2 = More Power

Sorry i never updated here.....
    turns out was actually just faulty old wiring on the injectors causing shorts. So we redid all the injector wiring.
    Car is running sweet, but i think its time to convert to DBW as the idle control valve is proving tedious to adjust perfectly considering the lumpy cams.
    And need to replace all lower bushes so i can fine adjust suspension and lower the ride height alight as well

This will be
    a project for the new year as a bit is happening in my life at the moment.

However i can finally say that the car is 100% complete externally in all her colour coded goodness... so that just leaves a complete make over of the interior, and of course the fin adjustments to the engine DBW and possibly a latest model ecu which will make it easier for complete finer adjustments to the tune
    Just need to readjust the driver and passenger doors to line up again after the respray as the mis-alignment is pissing me off at the moment...

Last edited by momento1; October 14th, 2020 at 09:32 AM.
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to momento1 For This Useful Post:

Gbomer (October 17th, 2020)