Page 141 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2557

Thread: New S3

Same issue here with the bouncy speed bumps. MasterSTI, whereabouts are you? I like the sound of the mirror adjust.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverthree For This Useful Post:

OzAudi84 (March 26th, 2014)

did you get a genuine Ross-Tech cable? or one of the ebay cheapies?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSTi View Post
    Hi All,

I have had my new S3 Sportback since mid January. Loving it so far. Done about 1,600km so far.

If anyone was interested I recently purchased a Ross-tech VCDS cable and changed a few annoying things with the car:

Permanently turned off the start/stop system - i found this very annoying.

Activated the lowering of the passenger side rear view mirror on selecting reverse. Should help save the alloy wheels!

Activated the oil temp display in all DIS menu options - handy as no temp guage anywhere else.

Turned off the seatbelt warning noise

Activated the beep sound on car lock/unlock - plus added in a new menu item to easily change (turn off/on in future)

I really want to change the Active lane assist settings on my car - standard car needs to detect some steering movement every 20 seconds. If you dont have to touch the steering wheel in those 20 seconds it will sound an alarm. This hastnt been unlocked by Ross tech as yet - should just be a matter of time.

Anyway really happy with my changes!
    What's the code to disable start/stop?
    Current:
    '13 S3 8V Sportback / Glacier White / Shark FSR+ Tuning Box / 19" OEM Rotors / 191 kW atw (4)

Past:
    '13 Fiesta ST / Bluefin Stage 1
    '12 Scirocco R / 217 kW atw
    '10 GTI / 190 kW atw

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSTi View Post
    Hi All,

I have had my new S3 Sportback since mid January. Loving it so far. Done about 1,600km so far.

If anyone was interested I recently purchased a Ross-tech VCDS cable and changed a few annoying things with the car:

Permanently turned off the start/stop system - i found this very annoying.

Activated the lowering of the passenger side rear view mirror on selecting reverse. Should help save the alloy wheels!

Activated the oil temp display in all DIS menu options - handy as no temp guage anywhere else.

Turned off the seatbelt warning noise

Activated the beep sound on car lock/unlock - plus added in a new menu item to easily change (turn off/on in future)

I really want to change the Active lane assist settings on my car - standard car needs to detect some steering movement every 20 seconds. If you dont have to touch the steering wheel in those 20 seconds it will sound an alarm. This hastnt been unlocked by Ross tech as yet - should just be a matter of time.

Anyway really happy with my changes!
    That is an exact list I wouldnt mind changing. Total novice here. Once you purchase the cable (where can I get one?) what/how do you do this? Hook it up to a computer with specific software?
    If you can step me through it that would be awesome. Thanks.

Audi S3 8V Sportback Estoril Blue
    http://jylsplayground.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by JYL823 View Post
    That is an exact list I wouldnt mind changing. Total novice here. Once you purchase the cable (where can I get one?) what/how do you do this? Hook it up to a computer with specific software?
    If you can step me through it that would be awesome. Thanks.

JYL's Playground
    VCDS is the name of the software program. Ross-Tech is the name of the company who builds the connectors/software for all VAG cars. The cable connects into the CANBUS port in your car.

http://www.ross-tech.com/

You can buy directly from Ross-Tech. There is a shop in Brookvale who is a reseller. Mount Auto Equip. I was talking to them last week. It's $307 + shipping.
    Current:
    '13 S3 8V Sportback / Glacier White / Shark FSR+ Tuning Box / 19" OEM Rotors / 191 kW atw (4)

Past:
    '10 GTI / 190 kW atw

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ConR For This Useful Post:

milobob (March 25th, 2014)

Default New S3

Quote Originally Posted by ConR View Post
    VCDS is the name of the software program. Ross-Tech is the name of the company who builds the connectors/software for all VAG cars. The cable connects into the CANBUS port in your car.

http://www.ross-tech.com/

You can buy directly from Ross-Tech. There is a shop in Brookvale who is a reseller. Mount Auto Equip. I was talking to them last week. It's $307 + shipping.
    Thanks ConR.
    Straight forward huh?

http://jylsplayground.blogspot.com.au

Yeah it's pretty straight forward. Plug it in and away you go.
    Current:

Past:
    '10 GTI / 190 kW atw

I wonder if it's possible to enable Audi Connect via VagCom, using a bluetooth connection to a mobile (this is one of the ways of using Audi Connect, it's not just via a SIM card in the car)....

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi84 View Post
    Those sound like some very good changes.

Were you able to active the lowering of the passanger side mirror without the 'mirror package'? Because if you want this lowering feature from the factory you have to purchase the mirror package, which is about $800.

Hi yes I didnt have the factory mirror package and was able to enable the passenger side mirror dip on selecting reverse gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverthree View Post
    Same issue here with the bouncy speed bumps. MasterSTI, whereabouts are you? I like the sound of the mirror adjust.
    I'm in Hobart Tas. Cheers