Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my headlights factory equipped HID? Where to adjust the brightness my tachco light

Default Is my headlights factory equipped HID? Where to adjust the brightness my tachco light

Hi all

I'm not sure if my headlights are factory equipped HID. If it's HID then what soft of globe is it? I went through the user manual today but could not find anything about it beside from 1 page of very brief talk about the headlight.
    When turn my ignition on, i could soft of hear the a sound that is similar to the sound of the ballast whining up.

Regardless it's really is out of whack and i need to fix it before other drivers will tell me off.

The left light seems to point up too high, i tried the little white thing on top of the headlight but it's for moving the pattern from left to right, where is the one that to move it up and down?

Also i could not find anywhere in the car that i can adjust the brightness of my tachometer, where the h*ll did Audi hide them?

Thanks

IMG_20130912_180927.jpgIMG_20130912_180935.jpg
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

Looks like non HIDs looking at the wiring harness...but this link might help:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...and-HID-Thread

3. The Following User Says Thank You to d-train For This Useful Post:

Khoa (September 13th, 2013)

If they are HID you should see a sticker of some sort with a electric lightning bolt on top of the headlight.
    Are you sure the sound you're hearing is not the fuel pump priming?
    Brightness of the dash can be adjusted, there are 2 knobs on the tacho, just try turning the left adjuster.
    On top of the headlights there are 2 adjusters, there is another one hidden.
    IMG_20130912_180927.jpg
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    B8 S4
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T
    B5 S4 GIAC

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChenga For This Useful Post:

Non HID. In Australia, The s4 and rs4 came with Xenon's. The Regular A4's had projectors.
    Pretty easy to convert to HID if you want. Look at DDMtuning.com
    Current :2000 S4 Avant with a 1.8 Non turbo conversion
    Real Cars have 3 pedals. If you can only deal with two, stick to a bicycle.

|034 Shifter Delete Kit|034 Turbo Blow off Simulator Valve|034 Hella Flush lowering kit|034Motorsport brFlw Side Mount Intercooler Pair, 2.7T|+200HP stickers|2 Spoke Chrome 22" wheels|Hatch Scoop|HAI|Carbon Fibre Everything|Limited grip diff

Past: R.I.P. 2000 A4 b5 1.8T quattro GP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lambolover_pradz For This Useful Post:

the soft whine is the throttle body starting up, the adjustment for headlight height is next to the white knob, a socket in which you insert a key (hex?) to adjust.
    the Cluster dimming should be one of the knobs on the cluster itself (which should be in the manual?)
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    Concept, tune and build by QMS
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rockersteady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by d-train View Post
    Looks like non HIDs looking at the wiring harness...but this link might help:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...and-HID-Thread
    I added HID's to my car whilst maintaining the stock loom, all the wiring + balast is hidden under and inside the light so the wiring harness may not tell you what has been installed. Easy to take the headlight out or look inside to see if any additions were made to the car
    Aaron
    ~2008 VW Passat 2.0TDI~ [Current]

~1999 Audi A4 1.8T~ [Current]
    17"s, HIDs, Tint, Cupholder yeah....

~1996 Audi A4 1.8T~
    [Sold]
    New Turbo, 100 Cell HFC, R-N75, Ceramic Pads, x-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, APR R1 DV, K&N Filter, 17"s, Foglights + Projector Headlights
    600w Amped JL Splits + Sub, Aero Wipers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aarony92 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Khoa View Post
    I'm not sure if my headlights are factory equipped HID.
    Easiest way to tell if an Australian delivered car was factory equipped with xenon headlights is to look for the headlight washers.

No headlight washers = not factory equipped with xenons (at least on an Australian delivered vehicle).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

my b5 uses expensive bulbs, that's all i know - H2 or something? I remember it being like $60 for 2 bulbs, instead of the $15 i was used to paying for the falcoon i drove...

However, one of them has blown again recently...reckon i just got dirt on the bulb??

Quote Originally Posted by rockersteady View Post
    the soft whine is the throttle body starting up

Wow, that's new to me.
    , the adjustment for headlight height is next to the white knob, a socket in which you insert a key (hex?) to adjust.
    the Cluster dimming should be one of the knobs on the cluster itself (which should be in the manual?)
    Yes i read the whole damn manual twice or three time last night :), maybe i read it in a hurry so i must have missed it.

Thanks

Now just have to find what sort of bulb is it so i can order my ebay HID ...... have installed over 20 hid kits on mate cars already ....... was hopping that this car might come with HID standard, don't really want Ebay junks in my Audi but guess i will have to :).