Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: audi s3 8p3 with the usual mods...

car wasn't running great prior to my track day so I decided I'd try to improve the ignition side and clean the spark plugs. they had only been 500k but I think they fouled due the boost hose leak and the tune trying to correct the mixture. I thought this might happen in the future and didn't want to keep buying new plugs every 500k so decided to try an ultrasonic cleaner...

I really didn't know what solution to use so experimented with truck wash and water. turned out to be far too much truck wash; I've also heard white vinegar works well...

cleaned 8 in one hit, 4 x 7's and 4 x 8's. 8's foul in no time unless you're on the track...

tips before they went in...

this is what they looked like as soon as they hit the cleaner...

and this is what the solution looked like after around 12 runs at 40 seconds. stupidly I forgot to take a photo of the end result but I will do that soon to show the comparison...

I also did some other track prep by replacing the rubber...

replacing the hpfp fuel bucket...

and more work on the ignition side by using the bling r8 coils, super extra horsepower...

I decided to add a label for when the coils were changed and will do the same for the spark plugs too (I need to change the label, it should be 39K)...

and also replaced the oil...

a few photos I downloaded from the khanacross event, thanks to the photographer and I hope there is no issue with sharing...

that's a very determined grimace face, I was actually enjoying it but it looks like I'm in pain. the magic tree was copping a flogging too...

negative camber really helps, the loaded wheels are nearly square to the tarmac...

lifting a leg on this one...

haven't been running the aircon on the track for that extra 1 bhp, noticed a funky smell when i did so i decide to change the pollen filter. i'd put a reasonable wage on the fact it hasn't been changed since new...

also purchased the ttrs brake cooling inserts...

they clamp to the control arms and direct air towards the rotors...

Last edited by guile; June 12th, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guile For This Useful Post:

jnrdavo (June 13th, 2019), karlblues2 (June 13th, 2019)