Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: B5 RS4, the story continues

  1. #21

    Default

    Really old thread resurrected. Pete did a great job with his Restoration thread and I started something with this and must have got side tracked along the way. My plan is to fill in the last 5 years on here so anyone who has any interest in this car can track it from Pete's purchase through my ownership in two threads. Teaser for today, I've finally installed the Eibach front ARB. Been talking about this for some time, so it's on and a road test due once a few other bits have been replaced.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AK ARB.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	30649
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Really old thread resurrected. Pete did a great job with his Restoration thread and I started something with this and must have got side tracked along the way. My plan is to fill in the last 5 years on here so anyone who has any interest in this car can track it from Pete's purchase through my ownership in two threads. Teaser for today, I've finally installed the Eibach front ARB. Been talking about this for some time, so it's on and a road test due once a few other bits have been replaced.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AK ARB.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	30649
    Look forward to reading it. Had to chuckle eg read a post posted I contributed to in this thread back in 2014 with words of wisdom with hindsight. Mentioned for me better to spend coin on rs4 as opposed to s4 stage 3 before settling down with a 996tt down the track and a stage three equivalent on that. 5 years on got the 996tt got all the stage 3 parts but lack of time ( me and workshop ) and motivation . It's a brutal car to drive with an off the self free tune with a high end exhaust and a very expensive journey to replicate the the low down spool of a 2.7 tt. Perhaps age catching up with me but for the last of these turn of the century analogue boosted cars such as the rs4 and 996 tt the smart thing to do all round is just get the best custom tune and exhaust that are both reversible back to stock easily and keep the car at a consistent level of condition which is an improvement over when you first brought it and get everything else back to stock / stock factory parts that you can see. Ps appears to be a couple of half decent rs4's for sale and with good negotiation skills reckon they could be snapped up at circa slighly more than what you outlayed to get the keys off Pete with half the kms if I recall right but probably only half as good in terms of condition. Ps nothing wrong with high km cars that has its bones and duco well looked after and I had hard time reconciling your cars condition vs odometer when I sighted it in the flesh.

  3. #23

    Default

    Car is still in great condition, original K04's, completely clean internally, no deposits and 65 psi cold / 25 psi hot oil pressure on 0W-40.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clean as.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	30650

    Looking back a few odd years certainly shows how perceptions change over time. Some of the old posts raise a laugh or two. Bit of a never ending learning process.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Car is still in great condition, original K04's, completely clean internally, no deposits and 65 psi cold / 25 psi hot oil pressure on 0W-40.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clean as.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	30650

    Looking back a few odd years certainly shows how perceptions change over time. Some of the old posts raise a laugh or two. Bit of a never ending learning process.


    All you guys mucking around with your fancy new cars, this is where its at!


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_ac.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	30651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xFs3hGodRaONeXIszQOfwg.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	30652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yE%MgVLIR0yxQqvOMIbrYQ.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	30653
    Now - 2016 Golf R - Thinks he's an S3
    Then - 02 Golf Gti, 99 S4 Stage 1, 00 S4 Stage 3, 01 RS4 Stage 2, 77 Fox, 75 Fox, 87 200 Tq Stage 1, 82 coupe GT, 87 90 Quattro

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Car is still in great condition, original K04's, completely clean internally, no deposits and 65 psi cold / 25 psi hot oil pressure on 0W-40.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clean as.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	30650

    Looking back a few odd years certainly shows how perceptions change over time. Some of the old posts raise a laugh or two. Bit of a never ending learning process.
    WOW, amazing!
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppoida View Post
    All you guys mucking around with your fancy new cars, this is where its at!


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_ac.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	30651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xFs3hGodRaONeXIszQOfwg.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	30652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yE%MgVLIR0yxQqvOMIbrYQ.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	30653
    Pete,

    Sorry, I have to say the same to you. Your lovely car is a fancy new car. My "old" fascination is unfortunately from another Marque but THIS is where it's at. 6 cylinder motor, 4WD, unstoppable!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mog.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	30655
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

  7. #27

    Default

    Great looking Unimog.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    Great looking Unimog.
    Yes, the real deal, LHD & 27,000 Km, all the history, even went to see where it was stationed in Husum Germany. It's no RS but it has it's own character. Had it about 15 years now. It actually worked both sides of the wall in it's life.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

  9. #29

    Default

    This is the AK Motorsport differential carrier with OE bushes and Dirko filler. The old bushes had no splits or tears but very soft laterally.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AK Diff.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	30658
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •