Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K04's installed for my stage 3.

Default K04's installed for my stage 3.

So, thankfully to a select few, my car now has rs4 k04's installed. My stage 3 is not complete yet but the major task has been completed and I am now "putting" around trying to break in my clutch, which is rather scary as it is like learning how to drive manual all over again.

Big shout out to (Lambolover) Prads, H (vrs747) and Simon (metafizz) whom without these guys could not possibly get the engine out and back in with new turbos and clutch in 5 days. If anyone wants to have a turbo swap or engine out job I can highly recommend Simon as he himself is a Audi enthusiast and is very fussy mechanically. Also a top bloke. So if you need his details shoot me a PM.

From this thread: http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a4-s4-r...-my-b5-s4.html
    I decided to just stick with k04's as I believe this will be enough power from my daily usage.

So here is a couple of pics from the week that just past.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ------------------------------
    Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous
    1996 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    1996 Nissan Skyline GTST *highly modified

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 18TQ For This Useful Post:

S5Aida (May 13th, 2014)

Thats just awesome mate, Im very envious When my clutch goes or my K03s die, I have to go stage III. If you dont mind me asking, what did it set you back in total?

Honestly dont want to calculate the total. I was buying parts and storing them. Some brand new and some used. My clutch and k03s where fine just wanting more power.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous

Well done mate. You let Prad loose on your pre-cats!

Should have bought yours. Spent $50 bux on a drill bit and 3 - 4 hours drilling. Would have saved some headache. But oh well.

Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous

Nice work lads, if the lot of you ever do a Sydney trip let me know. I could use some help installing a clutch and new turbos
    MY10 S3 | Phantom Black | DSG | Black Edition | Sportback

2001 B5 S4 | Merlin Pearl FOR SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by 18TQ View Post
    So, thankfully to a select few, my car now has rs4 k04's installed. My stage 3 is not complete yet but the major task has been completed and I am now "putting" around trying to break in my clutch, which is rather scary as it is like learning how to drive manual all over again.

Big shout out to (Lambolover) Prads, H (vrs747) and Simon (metafizz) whom without these guys could not possibly get the engine out and back in with new turbos and clutch in 5 days. If anyone wants to have a turbo swap or engine out job I can highly recommend Simon as he himself is a Audi enthusiast and is very fussy mechanically. Also a top bloke. So if you need his details shoot me a PM.

From this thread: http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a4-s4-r...-my-b5-s4.html
    I decided to just stick with k04's as I believe this will be enough power from my daily usage.

So here is a couple of pics from the week that just past.
    Well done. Besides going down the RS4 route, wise choice going with stock KO04's for a daily. Now part 2 of the process and some more fun begins (Whats that noise, is that a leak, that tune file / flash isn't quite right, is that enough babying of the clutch and more importantly when can you have a crack at going WOT. As you are driving the car, I assume you have a base tune file. how's that all going. If no base tune, is your plan to "putter" around on stock tune until you get the mechanicals sorted. If so how is running on the stock ecu going because on mine, if I plug in my GIAC ecu, I wouldn't contemplate driving it, as she just coughs , splutters and I suspect the ev14 750cc injectors just suffocates it. There was a very very noticable difference in having a EV1452LB based tune and and EV72lb tune on startup.

What clutch do you have as I had to laugh as I echo'd your sentiments on the clutch about a week ago (need to learn how to drive again , not withstanding I haven't driven the car for a while) as my stage 3 clutch is extremely different to the stock clutch (pedal feel abount x2.5 stock in terms of stiffness and I am hoping that softens a bit as I too start to be able to "putter" about.

Look forward to catching up with you after we both have our cars sorted and perhaps can swap keys. Always liked driving s4's back to back (Althought I have not driven two stage three''s back to back) to get that butt dyno comparision on power and handling as I am always surprised that I notice some pretty significant differences each time I do this even on two stocks back to back

Yes part 2 I have already figured out. That's taking care of the leaks and I want to do a timing belt job while I install my rs4 coolers. Also need a after run pump. I'm still on my stock s4 tune. I'm pretty happy to plot along on that till my injectors go in. Question for you smit, did you run spacers on your EV14's? mine are the 52 lb ones might be different. My s4 is running rich might be retarding timing or something due to increased airflow but still all good cos I have 700 kms of break in to do, and not boosting or revving over 2.5k.

I chose to go the spec stage 3+ as I wanted something abit stronger than the rs4. Man, does this thing grab. The funny thing is that the pedal is lighter than stock, also there is no slipping point really. Its like on or off friction. I can change gears no problems but first and reverse are very difficult as I gotta keep the revs up and kinda release clutch quickly. Thank god I haven't had to park the car in a tight spot yet. Hopefully this all changes when it smooths out a bit or I learn to use it proper.
    You will know what I mean when you have a drive.

Step 3 will be getting bumper, headlights aligned 100%. Then fueling will go in. Just waiting on a RS4 accordian, injector spacers and a catback. A few little bits and bobs and then I'm good for a tune. Then need to pamper it with a detail. I'm down for a catch up when I'm boosting.

Joe.
    Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous

Yes part 2 I have already figured out. That's taking care of the leaks and I want to do a timing belt job while I install my rs4 coolers. Also need a after run pump. I'm still on my stock s4 tune. I'm pretty happy to plot along on that till my injectors go in. Question for you smit, did you run spacers on your EV14's? mine are the 52 lb ones might be different. My s4 is running rich might be retarding timing or something due to increased airflow but still all good cos I have 700 kms of break in to do, and not boosting or revving over 2.5k.

I chose to go the spec stage 3+ as I wanted something abit stronger than the rs4. Man, does this thing grab. The funny thing is that the pedal is lighter than stock, also there is no slipping point really. Its like on or off friction. I can change gears no problems but first and reverse are very difficult as I gotta keep the revs up and kinda release clutch quickly. Thank god I haven't had to park the car in a tight spot yet. Hopefully this all changes when it smooths out a bit or I learn to use it proper.
    You will know what I mean when you have a drive.

Step 3 will be getting bumper, headlights aligned 100%. Then fueling will go in. Just waiting on a RS4 accordian, injector spacers and a catback. A few little bits and bobs and then I'm good for a tune. Then need to pamper it with a detail. I'm down for a catch up when I'm boosting.

Joe.
    Hi Joe

Didn't realise you don't have all the stage 3 fueling so that makes complete sense to me now why you can drive around on your stock ecu. I have a custom fuel rail based on 034's kit (would go with stock rs4 for I had to do it again as the fittings they provided are crap and had to reroute and get hoses made up ) so I didn't need the injector hats or spacers. I have read two schools of thought, some say you need them some say you don't.

Prad doesn't seem to be using his Zinram catback, too loud??? What catback are you going with

Expect to have a revised file loaded so some logs can be taken in the next day or two that we then allow me hopefully putter down to get some tyres installed and then get a badly needed wheel alignment given the subframe was dropped, I have a reco'd rack and front adjustable control arms installed.

Quote Originally Posted by verse1 View Post
    Nice work lads, if the lot of you ever do a Sydney trip let me know. I could use some help installing a clutch and new turbos
    Your welcome to come to us Nick,
    Always keen to do another stage 3

Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    Well done mate. You let Prad loose on your pre-cats!
    You should have seen them dave, by the time i was done with them the insides were smooth as. a bit of a PIA to do though.

Should have bought yours. Spent $50 bux on a drill bit and 3 - 4 hours drilling. Would have saved some headache. But oh well.

Don't lie. You loved it.

All in all it was an interesting experience.

Where is the picture of me on my throne?

I think i saw that taxi audi yesterday.
    Current :2000 S4 Avant with a 1.8 Non turbo conversion
    Real Cars have 3 pedals. If you can only deal with two, stick to a bicycle.

|034 Shifter Delete Kit|034 Turbo Blow off Simulator Valve|034 Hella Flush lowering kit|034Motorsport brFlw Side Mount Intercooler Pair, 2.7T|+200HP stickers|2 Spoke Chrome 22" wheels|Hatch Scoop|HAI|Carbon Fibre Everything|Limited grip diff

Past: R.I.P. 2000 A4 b5 1.8T quattro GP