Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NAV Updates

Hey guys, I've just got a 2008 Q7 with the 2G MMI system ( I think ). I cant seems to find any update disks, for this version as they all seem to be for the 3G and 3G + versions. Anybody have any suggestions as the maps are from 2008 and due to the growth of Perth.... woefully inaccurate.

hi everybody,
    I know i'm dredging up this old thread, but treat me like an idiot.. I have just purchased a 2009 A4 with mmi etc, the maps for the GPS are def out of date.
    As i understand it I will need to update the firmware/software for the MMI unit first, Then locate a more current map to install and install that.

Now I know there are some goodies tucked in the left side panel of the boot, one is an Amp which i'll soon be doing some stereo modes and adding a Gladen DSP unit too and I'm assuming the rest is GPS and other bits
    How do I get the upgrade into the system?
    Is it on a CD and installed through the cd stacker? like the handbook CD?
    or is there some other input device?

I'm not new to Cars, electronics or computers so I guess you don't have to go right into the absolute basics :)

but from what I have discovered these Audi's are so over sensored if you scratched your butt the wrong way it would know.

Troy

should be a map cd/dvd in the boot (in my S5, you open up the left hand side 'cover' in the boot and you'll see the reader..

Ok found the DVD
    A/NZ 2009 version 2
    so it is old ... if I upgrade the firmware for the MMI unit will this disk still work for the NAV maps
    as AUDI the new maps are currently gold plated.

on the info for the navigation media version is AN_10600_2413
    DATABASE VERSION IS AN20/20080526191022

whats my next step in this process?

Do you have the 2g or 3g mmi system? 3g has a directional selector in the centre of the middle button, 2g just has a button.
    Last edited by AlCapwn; March 14th, 2015 at 01:49 AM.

6. Default

Does anybody know where the special / custom poi data is that I can find to load into the MMI?

Quote Originally Posted by ZIO View Post
    Does anybody know where the special / custom poi data is that I can find to load into the MMI?
    Whether you're asking how to add POI's to the 8V A3/S3 MMI or where to get the POI's from, look at this thread, posts #`1 and #3 respectively : http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-r...-add-pois.html
    MY15 Mythos Black S3 SB - S-Tronic - Performance Pack - Sunroof - Assistance Pack

Instead of starting new thread thought I'll try this one - Does anyone know when the next map update will be available for download on (in my case current Q5) the MIB2 system.
    I have 2018/2019 ROW Australia/NZ maps which came out around April.
    Big car - FY Q5 TDI quattro sport with Technik package, Parking assistance package, Panoramic sunroof, Privacy glass and warm seats.
    Little car - 7.5 Golf R Line with everything.

9. Default

Hi, what is the latest maps available for the following firmware and maps:
    HN+_EU_AU3G_P0513
    8R0060884AJ AN 5.4.3

@Keldo, do you still frequent this forum? You appear to be a resident expert at updating the maps through the MMI.
    https://www.gpspower.net/audi/350324...-mmi-3g-2.html

New maps are up on the My Audi site.
    2020-21 map updates.jpg
    Big car - FY Q5 TDI quattro sport with Technik package, Parking assistance package, Panoramic sunroof, Privacy glass and warm seats.
    Little car - 7.5 Golf R Line with everything.