Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Thing that annoy you about your S3

Default Thing that annoy you about your S3

Hey guys. Had my S3 for about 2 weeks now. Given a good drive.

The car in short, is farking unreal. I need a little more power, but aesthetically it's sweet, and interior is just awesome. A substantial upgrade, I love the combination of luxury and power.

Still need to sit there with the manual to work out what each button does, and everything the car can truly do.

I am curious if anyone has any irks with it?

Mine are super small, but enough to annoy me.

1. I can't sit in the back as my head hits the roof and i'm not super tall (5'10), so really can only fit smallish girl/guy in there. Not really a concern for me as I drive solo most of the time and eh, it's a smaller sport car so that's the way it is, not a massive concern.

2. This is really the main thing that annoys me, and it's so trivial. But it seems as though they have forgotten to put seat belt stops on the seat belts, so each time I unbuckle the thing slides all the way down below my chair and makes a big thud. I wonder if it's fixed in the MY16?

3. The slight lack of response the first little bit you push the accelerator and slight delay taking off, no issues once you're in motion. I know why people have gone with a pedal box now. I'm still not keen to get one, as I am not sure how the car will respond after a stage 1 or 2.

I can't think of anything else right now. It seems stupid to make a thread like this, because the car is absolutely brilliant, I just want to see what irks you guys!

From me, in terms of the money outlayed for what you get - it's a solid 8.5/10

Not an S3 here, but an A3...a small annoyance that doesn't necessarily effect me too much, but there is no pull down centre arm rest in the back seats! I believe you only get it with the cubby hole option thingy from the boot to the cabin.

There also seems to be slight hesitation on take off in the A3, but I'm in stop start traffic 99% of the time so no biggie.

The biggest annoyance for me is the direction on the MMI control dial... Anti clockwise = down ; clockwise = up. So unintuative and the opposite of everything else I've ever used that has the same function. Wonder if Audi will release an update to reverse it???

2 there is one, albeit it's a clip thingy .

mines the lack of an a/c sync, really silly and also that mirror demist isn't standard, really 70k+ and I gotta pay for it???
    Meet Roxanne:
    MY15 S3 Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sports Performance Pack 2 | Black Exterior Pack

http://youtu.be/3T1c7GkzRQQ

For awesome independent Audi servicing, check out my cousins new venture
    https://www.facebook.com/marsanicmotorsport

Quote Originally Posted by Samos View Post
    Hey guys. Had my S3 for about 2 weeks now. Given a good drive.

The car in short, is farking unreal....
    2. This is really the main thing that annoys me, and it's so trivial. But it seems as though they have forgotten to put seat belt stops on the seat belts, so each time I unbuckle the thing slides all the way down below my chair and makes a big thud. I wonder if it's fixed in the MY16?

From me, in terms of the money outlayed for what you get - it's a solid 8.5/10
    re seat belts... My front two seat belts have adjustable buckle stops ... Initially mine were set very low, but I've raised them to help the buckle be more in arms reach. However there are no buckle stops on the rear seats....which is annoying if the kids don't unbuckle properly.

are you talking front or rear seats?
    ​​A S3 8V SS2L CJXF QSP 6Y 2H7 3FB 6XK 9VS C6H

Quote Originally Posted by darks4TQ View Post
    2 there is one, albeit it's a clip thingy .

mines the lack of an a/c sync, really silly and also that mirror demist isn't standard, really 70k+ and I gotta pay for it???
    The clip thingy actually works pretty well - by default you'll find it at the bottom, but just move it to where-ever you like...

And there actually is a/c sync, just press and hold the Auto button for a couple of seconds and it will resync both temps to the driver's setting...
    MY15 Mythos Black S3 SB - S-Tronic - Performance Pack - Sunroof - Assistance Pack

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sstorra For This Useful Post:

prestigeperth (June 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by sstorra View Post
    And there actually is a/c sync, just press and hold the Auto button for a couple of seconds and it will resync both temps to the driver's setting...
    Yup...that was a manual re-read for me to work out.

-unlocking the car via touch thingy, not really sure how to do it and I shouldn't have to 'work it out'. I just unlock via key lol, im sure its ez to figure that out.

-iPhone 4 slot/cup holder, no chance for samsung or iphone6
    - cant copy to jukebix via bluetooth.
    - cant skip back a trsck via bluetooth (set the star button to next track).
    - tilting of seat adjustment thingy too slow.
    - start button should b in drivers side
    - water stains inbetween door jamb at bottom.
    - sat nat really unintuitive (missus navigated to destination, speech went off, couldn't figure out how to turn it off i.e. dumb).
    - 2nd gear too tall in sport.
    - mmi/radio doesnt have any visual effects like winamp/wmp? I dont know what to keep up on the screen...either maps or a hide the screen lol.
    - rear baby seat has little room to get the baby in (rearward facing) i.e. over or under the harness/strap? Not much room!
    2015 S3 Sedan - Glacier White, with all the options+UH2!

Blingy Chrome Exhaust Tips - stain easy and look rice

Really the only thing that annoys me is the lag. Well that and when you break and accelerate at the same time. Wouldn't mind an extra 70kw as well :)

Everything else that grips me I can deal with after I've done 5000km.

The tuning bugs coming!!

TIP: Don't play with the T/C button to much, press hold press hold etc. It will eventually disown you and stop working till you turn the car off and on again.
    MY 15 S3 8V Sportback, SSP, tints. Less is more!

For me, I find Sport mode hangs on too long before shifting up a gear.

Secondly, I don't know if anyone has found this, but I keep bumping my head on the bottom of the sedan's boot lid when loading things in the boot