View Poll Results: Do you find this information helpful?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2016 Maps are here already! (with p/n and photos)

1. Default

Hi

Does anyone has the latest AN Australian maps?

Cheers

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Default 2018 Maps are released

2018 Map for MMI 3G, MMI 3G Plus, VW RNS850 and Bentley. Version MRM 5.10.4

SD card covers Australia, New Zealand, SouthEast Asia, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, etc... ~ 13GB zipped.

AFAIK - First 2018 map install by dealer here in Australia, I activated it myself, TMC works well, screenshots are below:

Meteor grey A4 1.8 TFSI: Tuned with throttle-module, upgraded to Xenon headlights, LED taillights, Garage opener, Reverse Camera and 3G Plus with SIM.
    Black Q5 2.0 TFSI: 3G Plus with Sim.
    Knowledge in VAG electronics and MMI Expert

Blog Entries

yes please... !

Bangor, Sutherland Shire, Southern Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldo View Post
    2018 Map for MMI 3G, MMI 3G Plus, VW RNS850 and Bentley. Version MRM 5.10.4

SD card covers Australia, New Zealand, SouthEast Asia, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, etc... ~ 13GB zipped.

AFAIK - First 2018 map install by dealer here in Australia, I activated it myself, TMC works well, screenshots are below:

Hi Keldo,

Any improvement in the Sydney TMC?

At best itís been scratchy lately. Apparently SUNA have changed the frequency they use in Sydney and now itís only available when SUNA feel like transmitting on the old frequency. According to SUNA itís up to Audi to update their vehicles.

Not sure if itís firmware or maps that would fix the issue as I know both are involved.

Hi mate,

I wasn't aware. TMC in Melbourne seems to be working fine, it's obviously never as good as GoogleTraffic and other online services but messages refresh every 5 seconds and dynamically highlights applicable events to the route.
    SUNA can't change frequency, SUNA just piggybacks FM channels, they inject messages in ALERT C protocol into RDS Type 8A groups.
    This is an old document but has good info: http://www.sunatraffic.com.au/wp-con...w-jan_2008.pdf

there is no 2018 firmware yet; TMC tables are part of maps not firmware anyway. I did some diff between 2017 map and 2018 and it seems that TMC tables have been updated.

here are some file differences:

diff -y "TMC3GP_AN_2017\info.xml" "TMC3GP_AN_2018\info.xml"
    <tmcTable> <tmcTable>
    <id>AU_53_3.4</id> | <id>AU_53_3.5</id>
    <cc>AU</cc> <cc>AU</cc>

diff -y "TMC3GP_AN_2017\kT161ANx03t01_3GPlus.db" "TMC3GP_AN_2018\kT171ANx01t01.db"
    Files differ
    Meteor grey A4 1.8 TFSI: Tuned with throttle-module, upgraded to Xenon headlights, LED taillights, Garage opener, Reverse Camera and 3G Plus with SIM.
    Black Q5 2.0 TFSI: 3G Plus with Sim.
    Knowledge in VAG electronics and MMI Expert

Bangor, Sutherland Shire, Southern Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldo View Post
    Hi mate,

I wasn't aware. TMC in Melbourne seems to be working fine, it's obviously never as good as GoogleTraffic and other online services but messages refresh every 5 seconds and dynamically highlights applicable events to the route.
    SUNA can't change frequency, SUNA just piggybacks FM channels, they inject messages in ALERT C protocol into RDS Type 8A groups.
    This is an old document but has good info: http://www.sunatraffic.com.au/wp-con...w-jan_2008.pdf

there is no 2018 firmware yet; TMC tables are part of maps not firmware anyway. I did some diff between 2017 map and 2018 and it seems that TMC tables have been updated.

here are some file differences:

diff -y "TMC3GP_AN_2017\info.xml" "TMC3GP_AN_2018\info.xml"
    <tmcTable> <tmcTable>
    <id>AU_53_3.4</id> | <id>AU_53_3.5</id>
    <cc>AU</cc> <cc>AU</cc>

diff -y "TMC3GP_AN_2017\kT161ANx03t01_3GPlus.db" "TMC3GP_AN_2018\kT171ANx01t01.db"
    Files differ
    There was some discussion about it a few months back here.

TMC help
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

An issue confirmed by SUNA. Hopefully new maps may fix it.

7. Default

Does anyone have the new maps to share?

Cheers

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk