View Poll Results: Do you find this information helpful?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2016 Maps are here already! (with p/n and photos)

1. Default

Hi there,

I know that this thread is a lil old, however, I have issues

Okay.. let's be a lil proper. I was at my local Audi Center (we are rural so it's the only one within 3.5 hr. driving) and asked to have my firmware updated as I read a lot of good things in regards to speed and it just working nicer. Well they quiet blankly told me that all is up to date and there is nothing new on software for any part of my car. So I was able to get the new firmware myself and updated from HNav_EU_P0022_D1 to HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1. Worked a charm and I can confirm it works smoother etc.

Only problem is, and I asked before I updated, the Map has been deactivated. I am not really after a new map (wouldn't mind one though) but rather want to get my current one going again.

Pre-update:

Nav. database version:
    8R0060884DJ AN 5.8.6

Post-update:

Nav. database version:

Yep, that's it. Empty. When I go to Nav menu It initialises till 28% and then throws the message: The navigation data is blocked. I found that other users who got maps from "somewhere else" used a activation script which disables the activation check. I tried one of these and now the map initialises to 50% and comes back with the same error.

Anybody an Idea if there is an easy way to get my maps to work again?

Cheers

2. Default

Nobody an idea if there is something I can do or are there maps anywhere? Found EU maps but that’s no help :P

asked my Audi dealer but they recon that MMI 3G Navigation plus cannot be updated and maps are lifetime...

cheers

Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine
    Alan Turing

Bangor, Sutherland Shire, Southern Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by A6Aussie View Post
    asked my Audi dealer but they recon that MMI 3G Navigation plus cannot be updated and maps are lifetime...

cheers
    Well. You should know better than listen to an Audi dealer. Thatís just nonsense. My 3G+ MY13 A6 has had the map updated several times. These Audi dealers are either clueless, or just couldnít be bothered providing the service.

Keldo used to be a regular contributor on here. Maybe send him a PM to see if he can help. I know he dabbles in these things.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IsDon66 View Post
    Well. You should know better than listen to an Audi dealer. That’s just nonsense. My 3G+ MY13 A6 has had the map updated several times. These Audi dealers are either clueless, or just couldn’t be bothered providing the service.

Keldo used to be a regular contributor on here. Maybe send him a PM to see if he can help. I know he dabbles in these things.
    Hey IsDon66,

Thanks for your answer! Well, I know that it can be updated hence the emoticon . I just didn’t expect them to really be that bad.... Even provided them with the part number for the SD card with the maps. Anyway, no sense in getting frustrated :). I might ask Keldo then, thx :)

cheers

Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine
    Alan Turing