Thread: Audi 80 Steering Wheel Needed

Default Audi 80 Steering Wheel Needed

The steering wheel in my Audi 80 B4 1994 is wearing out. When I turn the steering wheel, I can feel and hear things like plastic bits getting crushed .

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement, preferably a genuine one with airbag? Would the steering wheel from an Audi A4 B5 be compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by StevenC View Post
    The steering wheel in my Audi 80 B4 1994 is wearing out. When I turn the steering wheel, I can feel and hear things like plastic bits getting crushed .

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement, preferably a genuine one with airbag? Would the steering wheel from an Audi A4 B5 be compatible?
    You'll struggle to find a new replacement, but you can probably find someone wrecking one locally that would be ideal. They are around, have a look on gumtree etc.

From what I remember an A4 B5 wheel is compatible with some modding if i recall correctly, I was going to do it at one stage.. Certain A4's from different years have different sizes so it gets rather confusing real quick.

You'll have to follow up that yourself, just have a Google around. I did find something useful but it was a good 5 months ago so I can't remember or check unfortunately.

Also you should buy an airbag wheel with the airbag removed as you can re-use your old airbag in the replacement wheel (if you get an 80 wheel that is), it'll likely be cheaper that way! :)

Did you ever get a wheel sorted for this?