Thread: Introduction Westfalia Automotive in Australia

Default Introduction Westfalia Automotive in Australia

Westfalia Automotive is one of the leading brands of towbars and highly sophisticated wiring kits.

Westfalia Automotive is unquestionable the leading innovator in the towbar industry. 80 years ago they invented the 50mm tow ball what we call the first generation. The second generation was the detachable towbar followed by the third generation of the retractable towbar and last year they launched the intelligent towbar together with AUDI Germany. It is used as an OE product on the new AUDI Q7 for the Trailer Assist.

All our towbars in Australia are designed, engineered, manufactured in Australasia and ADR certified. They feature the German Westfalia A40 technology and they are designed to the manufacturer's specification. In most cases they do not require any bumper cuts or are almost invisible underneath.

We also supply the genuine wiring kit which is CAN-BUS enabled and will protect the driver and the vehicle from damage. We offer the range of towbars for the most recent Audi models in particular AUDI A3, A4, A6, Q3, Q5, Q7.

Please go to our website EVTowbars or call 1300 306 753

Sample SQ5

IMG_20160125_165544[1].jpg
    Last edited by Westfalia Automotive Aus; June 1st, 2016 at 06:29 PM.

2. Red face Retro fitting

Has anyone fitted one of these to an MY17 A4 Avant? I am guessing that you cannot retro fit trailer-assist but what about all the other bells and whistles? This seems the best option for me as I need to tow a m/cycle trailer with just one (very valuable) m/cycle. I used to smile when I saw a car with a numberplate more valuable than the car and now I tow a bike more valuable than the car towing it!

3. Default

Well I have just fitted one. It took a whole day but good result.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Albervin View Post
    Well I have just fitted one. It took a whole day but good result.
    Nice, how did you go with the wiring + coding??

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong555 View Post
    Nice, how did you go with the wiring + coding??
    Have you had issues with the wiring and coding?