Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victorian B5 A4 in the barossa

Quote Originally Posted by Gbomer View Post
    My motor ain't bad just need to find time to finish up the wiring of new fuel pump and new field pressure regulator and have a catch can plumbed in properly 20psi on 98 ain't too bad for now..did u sort out your problems
    My main problem was the 400,000 km motor wasn't going to last until 500K as I hoped without blowing a whole lot more oil down the exhaust pipe and out onto the floor of the carport. Hence my decision to buy Drewe's old (180,000 km) long motor and have it installed. Also had a slight leak in the radiator which I couldn't fix so I thought I'd have them all done at once along with new ccv hoses to make it oil-tight, reconditioned injectors etc. Once the workshop got the job started they found the clutch was pretty worn (it was in there with the GTRS for well over 200,000 km) and made no sense to put it back in so there was a further delay waiting for a new clutch and D/M flywheel.

Should be ready in the next week or so for another 200,000 km...

Do you have a fuel pump btw? I have a spare brand new high flow
    MY01 TT quattro 225 Roadster, BAM motor
    MY00 A4tqm - GP Series
    Gorn: MY01 allroad - 2.7TT 6-speed d/r manual

Fanging since the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Great story, and yes all Croatians are crazy, I should know better than most, I'm married to one!
    Ha - the truth comes out!!! Felicitations and commiserations Rich! Lucas also has a Croatian wife and she's a lovely girl - very level-headed and sensible (someone has to run the household...)

I've stayed with them overnight and they are very hospitable people
    MY00 A4tqm - GP Series

Fanging since the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by quattro5v View Post
    This particular car is / was / would be the one STASIK owned. I lost track of Lucas' one unfortunately.
    Hi there Mikey! I'd still love to know what sort of an exhaust system he has on the crashed car. There's a big oversize pipe going backwards towards an external wastegate (I assume), and a pipe going forward and down. How does it all work and where's the advantage? Does the big hose into the TB signify huge amounts of power?

I'm sure I can think of a few more dumb questions
    MY00 A4tqm - GP Series

Fanging since the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by ppoida View Post
    Anyone one here take there b5 to Adelaide over the weekend?? S4 rims few other mods, look liked you hit a roo or your bonnet latch failed. Left a note offering help no reply

regards

pete
    That was me lol. Bonnet latch failed from the crash shop not tightening it. Was not fun doing 110 with an exploded windscreen. I was on the way to Collingrove. Never saw the note sorry.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk