Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: OBD eleven Pro from AutoInstruct

1. Default

Any one know how to get rid of the “switch connection type” warning when you first start and phone connects blue tooth and have not connected by car play???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys just came across this thread. Anyone know the best place I could buy one? Also a manual would be handy.
    i have an RS3 S/B and an SQ5. So would be handy.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalatte View Post
    Guys just came across this thread. Anyone know the best place I could buy one? Also a manual would be handy.
    i have an RS3 S/B and an SQ5. So would be handy.
    https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/prod...nostic-system/
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Thanks but from memory this device is only be able to be used with an android phone correct? I’m hoping V2 will have iPhone accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalatte View Post
    Thanks but from memory this device is only be able to be used with an android phone correct? I’m hoping V2 will have iPhone accessibility.
    That's right, i think it's hard to get anything open source to work iOS
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Just got word that the V2 will have IOS functionality. Limited at 1st but updates will follow.
    this should be available late June 19.

whats the story with Carista??

https://caristaapp.com/adapter

any good?? huge diff in price.
    Last edited by Barbalatte; May 17th, 2019 at 09:40 PM.

Used all three - Carista, OBD eleven and VCDS.
    That really is the order in which they would rank for me in terms of utility.
    However, with VCDS you really have to understand what you are doing and need to do a fair bit if research before wading in and making changes/adaptations.
    Carista cooers to be too good to be true and to-date is.
    I have emailed the Carista developers several times with a WTFO and the response is honest enough - they have higher priorities.
    Aa long time IOS/Mac user I bit the bullet and bought a cheaper Sony Android phone to use OBD Eleven and have achieved everything I needed to with it.
    I found the Android interface dreadful and for me if there was an IOS version that is the way I would have gone.
    OBD Eleven is a quite professional and polished interface through the app and you can choose to either do it yourself with adaptations or invest in some 'credits' and choose from a simple one-touch menu for the changes you seek like turning the auto stop-start off.
    Obviously the latter is really quick and simple but costs a few bucks more.
    Have yet to attempt the Speed sign recognition activation, which I am sure is possible with my B9 S4 as it seems to have every available capability and system in to to facilitate that great capability.
    Enjoy.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Thanks dingah. I was wondering why the Carista was so cheap compared to the rest!
    is the OBD Eleven easy to use? I’m thinking of changing a few basic items at 1st to see how we go then attempt something more advanced.

like i sad previously, V2 will be out soon with IOS comparability. That’s what attracted me to it.

IMHO Yes!
    Once you have he Bluetooth connection scanning, adaptations et al are as simple as one could wish for and thus far adaptations have not precipitated an unplanned 'features'.
    Having purchased the latest VCDS cable I'll happily put it up for sale now.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Default OBD eleven Pro from AutoInstruct

There is a new OBD11 device which will support IOS soon...

https://obdeleven.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydece; Yesterday at 09:21 AM.
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydece For This Useful Post:

beanoyip (Today)