Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 B5 S4 Build 2017

Definently the right time to be buying B5 RS4, some good examples about

Mikehunt. I like what your doing with your parts list. Glad your opened up the motor. I have a spare motor that Im going to build soon. Currently have k04 stage 3 setup and its plenty of stupid power for everyday use which I do. But im also wanting more. For me building a motor would take time as im not used to it so i will be having a shop do it. To pull a 2.7t motor and and drop in one only takes me 5 full days. I could probably do it quicker the second time around. So if you had a shop build your motor. I wouldnt shy from doing a turbo swap yourself. Its pretty easy if you have a mechanical attitude. For your turbo selection I would definatly recommend something bigger then k04s or rs6 and loba 530 to make the most of your build. My next build will be go big or not at all. Just my 2c worth.
    ------------------------------
    Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous
    1996 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    1996 Nissan Skyline GTST *highly modified

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehunt1 View Post
    You must have some time on your hands Smit2100!.
    The man obviously loves his S4.

On a second thought, this silver sedan with MTM exhaust, the owner owns a cake shop somewhere near the city? If it is, might pay to check the turbo seals as its been on carsales for a long time, we test drove it, was so close to make the purchase.
    Last edited by Khoa; November 28th, 2016 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle S4 View Post
    Got to love tough loving
    Just a strong view and straight shooting from the hip pocket. You name me a person whose dropped some coin and time on modifying a b5 s4 in Oz of any significance that looks me in the eye after I ask them if you did it all again would you have rather not saved some more coin initially and started off with a B5 RS4 and answers 'No", I'll call them out as being booty whipped by the slimmer rear ended younger sister who was initially cheaper to date or a uni student with limited funds with time on their hands that also plays the field. You don't see it coming, but the younger sister suffers from a bit of a diff blowout as they mature whose upkeep results in being more expensive to maintain than the older sister over the journey. The wiser choice was to spend your energies and money chasing the more, muscular and toned older sister whose chassis and drivetrain was more well develop and appears to have not dropped off in performance levels over the years, particulary if coupled with a boob job to enhance the bust size to match the booty. (no diff blow outs to be seen over the years and doesn't run out of puff where it counts). In frequent family get togethers and chance encounters down the street highlight what could of been, plus you only get taken to the cleaners in a divorce situation as opposed to being taken to the dry cleaners having funded the younger sisters boob enhancements to just keep up with the older sisters plain jane arousal levels. But to all in the know, obvious their fake and just making up for the inherent short comings in terms of genes from the family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by 18TQ View Post
    Mikehunt. I like what your doing with your parts list. Glad your opened up the motor. I have a spare motor that Im going to build soon. Currently have k04 stage 3 setup and its plenty of stupid power for everyday use which I do. But im also wanting more. For me building a motor would take time as im not used to it so i will be having a shop do it. To pull a 2.7t motor and and drop in one only takes me 5 full days. I could probably do it quicker the second time around. So if you had a shop build your motor. I wouldnt shy from doing a turbo swap yourself. Its pretty easy if you have a mechanical attitude. For your turbo selection I would definatly recommend something bigger then k04s or rs6 and loba 530 to make the most of your build. My next build will be go big or not at all. Just my 2c worth.
    Whats you thinking on clutch setup with bigger turbo's pushing out more torque on a built motor. It is me or is Mike's turbo selection going to be hampered by his clutch selection. Not sure what SS Southbend stage 3 clutchkit Mikehunt has, but my thinking if it hasn't at least got the kelvar disc, not convinced the organic clutch disc (480ft/lb) is going to be able to reliable handle the extra torque from bigger turbo's, let alone handling beatings its likely to see at the track. Also wouldn't think the kelvar disc option is all that robust even for rs6's or 530's.
    Last edited by smit2100; November 28th, 2016 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smit2100 View Post
    Just a strong view and straight shooting from the hip pocket. You name me a person whose dropped some coin and time on modifying a b5 s4 in Oz of any significance that looks me in the eye after I ask them if you did it all again would you have rather not saved some more coin initially and started off with a B5 RS4 and answers 'No", I'll call them out as being booty whipped by the slimmer rear ended younger sister who was initially cheaper to date or a uni student with limited funds with time on their hands that also plays the field. You don't see it coming, but the younger sister suffers from a bit of a diff blowout as they mature whose upkeep results in being more expensive to maintain than the older sister over the journey. The wiser choice was to spend your energies and money chasing the more, muscular and toned older sister whose chassis and drivetrain was more well develop and appears to have not dropped off in performance levels over the years, particulary if coupled with a boob job to enhance the bust size to match the booty. (no diff blow outs to be seen over the years and doesn't run out of puff where it counts). In frequent family get togethers and chance encounters down the street highlight what could of been, plus you only get taken to the cleaners in a divorce situation as opposed to being taken to the dry cleaners having funded the younger sisters boob enhancements to just keep up with the older sisters plain jane arousal levels. But to all in the know, obvious their fake and just making up for the inherent short comings in terms of genes from the family tree.
    Love it what a bloody good analogy. If you get sick of your avitar, change it to wordsmith.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

Re good prices on B5 RS4's. None better than the most dearest one starting with a 5 number, plus keep in mind who pays retail car sales advertised prices these days.

Quote Originally Posted by smit2100 View Post
    Whats you thinking on clutch setup with bigger turbo's pushing out more torque on a built motor. It is me or is Mike's turbo selection going to be hampered by his clutch selection. Not sure what SS Southbend stage 3 clutchkit Mikehunt has, but my thinking if it hasn't at least got the kelvar disc, not convinced the organic clutch disc (480ft/lb) is going to be able to reliable handle the extra torque from bigger turbo's, let alone handling beatings its likely to see at the track. Also wouldn't think the kelvar disc option is all that robust even for rs6's or 530's.
    Personally if its not a daily. Id go spec stage 3 plus full face again. Otherwise for daily any aftermarket rs4 pressure plate ( that has SAC mechanism) with the spec stage 3 plus disk with a metal theow out bearing. Can handle 650nm of torque, with some epic launching
    ------------------------------
    Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous
    1996 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    1996 Nissan Skyline GTST *highly modified

Quote Originally Posted by Tas_Audi View Post
    Love it what a bloody good analogy. If you get sick of your avitar, change it to wordsmith.
    What's a wordsmith in these days of millennials strictly complying with communicating within 140 odd character limits. I blew that quota a 1/4 the way into that second sentence and perhaps lost most readers after the first line. Appreciate you persisted with reading my unconventional post to make a point

Looks like you are well schooled when it comes to 4 rings and 5 door geniology and understand what bumping uglies on Tasi roads is all about when it comes to older sisters which have had a makeover. I'm thinking your also very well schooled (not a Millennial perhaps) when it comes to understanding / identification / inheriting a great set of stage 3 parts for doing such makeovers. Trust you have a Sach's clutch setup and Miltek exhaust setup for the same reason I have. Delivers performance in spades with out unnecessary and unwanted attention being drawn by going about its business relatively quietly compared to others
    Last edited by smit2100; November 28th, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

I've been having a chuckle following this thread. Can a moderator please change the thread title to "The bold and the beautiful".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

Cristian G (November 29th, 2016)